Christmas Day shout out!

Well...Christmas will soon is upon us...... I have a house full of people (5/6 Christmas Eve, Christmas Day...increasing to 8/9 Boxing Day and the 27th December).

I am dreading it as it will mean several days without any personal space, or quiet time or escape from NTs doing their thing. They will enjoy their traditions and I will be ASD serving wench making sure that everyone has a good time, but inside i will be struggling to cope.

This is a shout out...as I am going to need some help to get me through without a tantrum, shutdown or meltdown.

Is there anyone else about during the Christmas break who is planning to be online ......it would help a great deal to keep me on an even keel!

thank you

Ellie

Parents
  • I'll be around quite a bit Ellie. I hate Xmas as it was the loneliest time for me as an undiagnosed aspie kid with no brothers and sisters. Even though life is better now than it was back then, it still all comes flooding back every year. This year is particularly difficult having lost my Mum back in Feb and now getting my head around my diagnosis that I received 2 weeks ago. The initial euphoria of getting diagnosed has worn off now and I'm fighting depression on top of all the usual pre-Xmas stresses...I find buy presents extremely stressful as I'm always worrying about getting it wrong. 

• Thank you Jonesy...you’ve had a hell of a year and I hope you have people around you to comfort you.....the post diagnostic slump can be tough...and I’m sure you miss your mum...

to get you up to speed...if you can chain smoke and have poor personal hygiene we’re all round to LoneWarriors place...MartianTom  is bringing a nut roast and some single malt, dress code, wellies!

this will be my first Xmas on the forum and I am sure it will bring plenty of threads of joy and of struggling souls

thank you for being you and for your humanity x

• thanks Ellie... might have to wait outside tho cos I can't stand the smell of smoke let alone smoke myself!

• I smoke too!  Gives a good excuse to leave the room and go outside for a few minutes, lol!

Reply Children
No Data