Christmas Day shout out!

Well...Christmas will soon is upon us...... I have a house full of people (5/6 Christmas Eve, Christmas Day...increasing to 8/9 Boxing Day and the 27th December).

I am dreading it as it will mean several days without any personal space, or quiet time or escape from NTs doing their thing. They will enjoy their traditions and I will be ASD serving wench making sure that everyone has a good time, but inside i will be struggling to cope.

This is a shout out...as I am going to need some help to get me through without a tantrum, shutdown or meltdown.

Is there anyone else about during the Christmas break who is planning to be online ......it would help a great deal to keep me on an even keel!

thank you

Ellie

Parents
  • Merry Xmas one and all. Off out for a walk with the dog shortly, then think about preparing the turkey etc, maybe a wee sherry later while its cooking. Have a great day. Take care Laddie.

PS Might even be a white Xmas up here later if the forecast is correct. Brrrr.

• Enjoy the walk...wrap up warm....take the sherry with you xx

• I'm off out for a walk, too, now that breakfast is out of the way.  Dinner won't be difficult - just a few veg and some roasties to do.  It can wait until I feel ready for it.

I'm going up to the stone seat on the top of the downs, overlooking the sea, where we scattered mum's ashes.  One of her favourite spots.  It'll be time spent with her, in a way Slight smile

• Lonewarrior wrote:

Hello DP I have dyslexia and cannot remember more than about three numbers in a row.I wrote about my dyslexia not long after I joined, I will find it and reply to it so it can be found easily as it must be very far up the last viewed list by now,

I also wrote a very big post about me when I was very young, the troubles I had and the abuse I had to take.

it meant I was shouted at in infant and primary school by teachers, it caused me much pain. I can count well enough but I  cannot add more than three numbers together before I lose the first ones.

I couldn’t read or understand any letters even st primary school. Copying words from the chalk board was like copying Chinese characters to some, I was shaken so hard I cried,this when in infant school. I had wooden board dusters thrown at me often hitting thier target.

I do see things very similar to you.

With the big post I recall, and stating that perhaps about it or a post after it was a lush read, as I really got where you were coming from by contrast to my experiences at school, i.e. I was at a young age reading easily what most people find really hard to read ~ and some teachers even accused me of lying about reading books they themselves had not or could not read, because such works were beyond their reading proficiency level.

So trying to explain the particulars of books I had actually read was a complete waste of time, because it was all nonsense to them and impossible for them to grasp. The old "Children know nothing until they have been told and shown how to do something" ethos kind of got really challenged with me,knowing more than I should, and not grasping what I should.

Lonewarrior wrote:

I struggle in daily life but I never give in, I researched this ascii stuff until I could at least use it, as I say I do not understand it although like you I see similarities in some number sequences.

I wish you well.

Likewise with the struggle stuff but 'heal-to-toe; heal-to-toe' keep plodding on, and likewise with the researching ascii stuff as my tutor discusses ascii quite often, and like you I do not understand it much yet, but even then comprehending it and how to apply it is highly unlikely, and I have as such been advised "Never go near any coding on any operating system." which I concur with completely and utterly without any iota of reserve.

And very much likewise with the well wishings too from me to you and everybody else also.

(X) Hugging (X)

• Hello DP I have dyslexia and cannot remember more than about three numbers in a row.I wrote about my dyslexia not long after I joined, I will find it and reply to it so it can be found easily as it must be very far up the last viewed list by now,

I also wrote a very big post about me when I was very young, the troubles I had and the abuse I had to take.

it meant I was shouted at in infant and primary school by teachers, it caused me much pain. I can count well enough but I  cannot add more than three numbers together before I lose the first ones.

I couldn’t read or understand any letters even st primary school. Copying words from the chalk board was like copying Chinese characters to some, I was shaken so hard I cried,this when in infant school. I had wooden board dusters thrown at me often hitting thier target.

I stumbled across the ascii on here,I wondered what it was, I decided to find out, I found a text to ascii converter,it converts both ways, I still do not understand it. At first I spent a lot of time writing the numbers down on paper then typing them all into the converter,invariably getting lost as I saw nothing more than a mixed up jumble every time I wrote another number,often if I got just one number or spacing  row wrong it effected in some way the outcome of the other numbers, eventually someone taught me how to copy and paste, something I had never had success in. 

I struggle in daily life but I never give in, I researched this ascii stuff until I could at least use it, as I say I do not understand it although like you I see similarities in some number sequences.

I wish you well.

• Hello DP I have dyslexia and cannot remember more than about three numbers in a row.I wrote about my dyslexia not long after I joined, I will find it and reply to it so it can be found easily as it must be very far up the last viewed list by now,

I stumbled across the ascii on here,I wondered what it was, I decided to find out, I found a text to ascii converter,it converts both ways, I still do not understand it. At first I spent a lot of time writing the numbers down on paper then typing them all into the converter,invariably getting lost as I saw nothing more than a mixed up jumble every time I wrote another number,often if I got just one number or spacing  row wrong it effected in some way the outcome of the other numbers, eventually someone taught me how to copy and paste, something I had never had success in. 

I wish you well.

Children

• Lonewarrior wrote:

Hello DP I have dyslexia and cannot remember more than about three numbers in a row.I wrote about my dyslexia not long after I joined, I will find it and reply to it so it can be found easily as it must be very far up the last viewed list by now,

With the big post I recall, and stating that perhaps about it or a post after it was a lush read, as I really got where you were coming from by contrast to my experiences at school, i.e. I was at a young age reading easily what most people find really hard to read ~ and some teachers even accused me of lying about reading books they themselves had not or could not read, because such works were beyond their reading proficiency level.

So trying to explain the particulars of books I had actually read was a complete waste of time, because it was all nonsense to them and impossible for them to grasp. The old "Children know nothing until they have been told and shown how to do something" ethos kind of got really challenged with me,knowing more than I should, and not grasping what I should.

Lonewarrior wrote:

I wish you well.

Likewise with the struggle stuff but 'heal-to-toe; heal-to-toe' keep plodding on, and likewise with the researching ascii stuff as my tutor discusses ascii quite often, and like you I do not understand it much yet, but even then comprehending it and how to apply it is highly unlikely, and I have as such been advised "Never go near any coding on any operating system." which I concur with completely and utterly without any iota of reserve.

And very much likewise with the well wishings too from me to you and everybody else also.

(X) Hugging (X)