Is this a forum where I can get help with sensory overwhelm in my workplace?

Hi everyone,

I have been in employment for 4-5 years on a part time basis - now for 2 full days a week in an office job I love.

Since diagnosis, there are some situations I handle much better than before - but still some where I just need someone to talk to for a short while. My boss does not want me to speak to my colleagues as it distracts them from their work, or to speak to colleagues in nearby offices as she's worried about confidentiality. Besides, it is better if it's someone completely separate to the situation who can see the situation impartially, ie doesn't know me or my boss and so can be objective.

Is there a service who can provide telephone counselling on an ad-hoc basis for adults with Aspergers to cope with workplace stress? It would be good if it were the same person each time, or one of a few people, as they'd get to know me and my boss/colleagues and be better able to judge what is happening and the best way to handle the situation.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Julia Evans

Parents
  • I don’t have any answers but it’s a great question and it’s given me some ideas. In AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) they have a national/international telephone service set up which you can call 24/7.  I would find this very helpful (for us) because often it just takes an understanding person to say something to me and I at least snap out of the catastrophic thinking and I’m able to get a clearer perspective. I’ve read the other replies and I’m going to the links provided now and read some more. 

• I don’t have any answers but it’s a great question and it’s given me some ideas. In AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) they have a national/international telephone service set up which you can call 24/7.  I would find this very helpful (for us) because often it just takes an understanding person to say something to me and I at least snap out of the catastrophic thinking and I’m able to get a clearer perspective. I’ve read the other replies and I’m going to the links provided now and read some more. 

Children
No Data