Unclear instructions

Does anyone get upset at vague instructions that you're expected to just 'get' and yet can't?

Like "Put that cup over there", when there are three cups and 'there' isn't defined? Or "move it back a bit" when "back isn't specified as a direction?

Parents
  • Another person advising me upon how to Reply upon this Thread, for example: "Alright, now scroll down... no! that's too far... go back up and hit the *Pink* button... no, not THAT Pink button... go up a bit more... wait, there are two pink buttons... so go to the top... yes, that one... now type in a reply and hit the pink button again... no! not that pink button, I meant scroll down a bit again and hit *that* pink button... no, not that pink button!... yes, that one... finally, okay, you did it, why can't you do what I said in the first place?"

...In short... Yes, I also get a little annoyed at ambiguity as well. (!) I always take things literally and appreciate specific instructions, so that if they go wrong, it is not entirely my fault...

• Another person advising me upon how to Reply upon this Thread, for example: "Alright, now scroll down... no! that's too far... go back up and hit the *Pink* button... no, not THAT Pink button... go up a bit more... wait, there are two pink buttons... so go to the top... yes, that one... now type in a reply and hit the pink button again... no! not that pink button, I meant scroll down a bit again and hit *that* pink button... no, not that pink button!... yes, that one... finally, okay, you did it, why can't you do what I said in the first place?"

...In short... Yes, I also get a little annoyed at ambiguity as well. (!) I always take things literally and appreciate specific instructions, so that if they go wrong, it is not entirely my fault...

Children
No Data