Involuntary outbursts when alone - sort of Tourette's

Very recently diagnosed with ASD. Does anyone else get a sort of mild Tourette's? When I am alone I tend to say things that I'm thinking, or come out with an involuntary groan or word. It happens particularly when I think of something embarrassing. Is this an ASD thingy? Thanks!

Parents
  • I do sometimes come out with bad words under my breath which for the purposes of this forum I will say describe in fruity language parts of the human body.

This is involuntary and usually happens when I am in a crowd or on a train  and my mind wanders. I only realise I am saying them after they have been emitted,and I hope they are inaudible to others.

I find this embarrassing, not least because I do not use such words usually as I find it offensive.

Perhaps it is just some sort of stress relief but not one I am easy with

• I do sometimes come out with bad words under my breath which for the purposes of this forum I will say describe in fruity language parts of the human body.

This is involuntary and usually happens when I am in a crowd or on a train  and my mind wanders. I only realise I am saying them after they have been emitted,and I hope they are inaudible to others.

I find this embarrassing, not least because I do not use such words usually as I find it offensive.

Perhaps it is just some sort of stress relief but not one I am easy with

Children
No Data