What was your epiphany? how did you know/think you were ASD?

What led you seek diagnosis? 

Parents
  • i didn't, i got it. I've never had an epiphany. I've tried my hardest to believe that everything written about autistic people is true of me (good at believing random stuff because used to be fundamentalist religious). Never 'felt' it though. Never met an autistic person or read an account of autism that related to my experiences. Score zero on the AQ. Score zero on the EQ too [ie no empathy], definitely have autism, but just a form with no sensory, special interest, maths, high iq, social shyness or such stuff. Just inability to form relationships with people at any level or communicate, never met an autistic person with those problems, forever and throughout their whole life.

• i didn't, i got it. I've never had an epiphany. I've tried my hardest to believe that everything written about autistic people is true of me (good at believing random stuff because used to be fundamentalist religious). Never 'felt' it though. Never met an autistic person or read an account of autism that related to my experiences. Score zero on the AQ. Score zero on the EQ too [ie no empathy], definitely have autism, but just a form with no sensory, special interest, maths, high iq, social shyness or such stuff. Just inability to form relationships with people at any level or communicate, never met an autistic person with those problems, forever and throughout their whole life.

Children
No Data