What was your epiphany? how did you know/think you were ASD?

What led you seek diagnosis? 

Parents
  • I don't know if it was a particular stimulation/thing/event ... but I started reading about Autism/Asperger's (maybe unconsciously I noticed something). This caused me to reflect on my personal history and patterns, and I recognized several traits. And then I took several online quizzes which confirmed my suspicion (if that's the right word).

I was quite disturbed by this and sought professional counseling but no one I contacted wanted to deal with me -- the indication I got was since I was older and a professional and have a family, I've obviously learned to cope ...

I'm still disturbed by the idea on the one hand (literally, as I write this, I can feel the physical stress), but on the other, it's comforting to be able to put a name to my condition.

• I don't know if it was a particular stimulation/thing/event ... but I started reading about Autism/Asperger's (maybe unconsciously I noticed something). This caused me to reflect on my personal history and patterns, and I recognized several traits. And then I took several online quizzes which confirmed my suspicion (if that's the right word).

I was quite disturbed by this and sought professional counseling but no one I contacted wanted to deal with me -- the indication I got was since I was older and a professional and have a family, I've obviously learned to cope ...

I'm still disturbed by the idea on the one hand (literally, as I write this, I can feel the physical stress), but on the other, it's comforting to be able to put a name to my condition.

Children
No Data