What was your epiphany? how did you know/think you were ASD?

What led you seek diagnosis? 

Parents
  • Both my boy's struggle and School has now picked up on it too. My oldest who is 10 was being referred to cahms but he somehow got lost in the system and because he improved in School, I didn't chase it up. My youngest is very different to my oldest son, but he struggles more with mood swings, violence, hyper activity, difficulties with writing and since starting in year three he has really been down. The last parents meeting his teacher suggested talking to our local GP.
    I recently watched the programme on TV with the guy from Autumn watch and I felt like we could be related. I have always known I was different or weird, but I just grew up thinking everything I did/say/feel, was wrong so I started hiding it or working around it. It affects me so much though and I have problems getting a job, keeping it and don't earn enough money. I am self employed now but I lack the social/structure part of the job so I don't get enough clients because of that. I mostly sit and hide at home every day, working on my computer in blissful peace.

• Both my boy's struggle and School has now picked up on it too. My oldest who is 10 was being referred to cahms but he somehow got lost in the system and because he improved in School, I didn't chase it up. My youngest is very different to my oldest son, but he struggles more with mood swings, violence, hyper activity, difficulties with writing and since starting in year three he has really been down. The last parents meeting his teacher suggested talking to our local GP.
    I recently watched the programme on TV with the guy from Autumn watch and I felt like we could be related. I have always known I was different or weird, but I just grew up thinking everything I did/say/feel, was wrong so I started hiding it or working around it. It affects me so much though and I have problems getting a job, keeping it and don't earn enough money. I am self employed now but I lack the social/structure part of the job so I don't get enough clients because of that. I mostly sit and hide at home every day, working on my computer in blissful peace.

Children
No Data