~ Photography And Pictures ... (And Pictures Disappearing in this Forum?)

Glad Tidings to All. I have two good reasons to begin this Thread:

One is to discuss Photography in general. I myself am told that I am "good at it", yet I would not claim to be "Professional" at it.

I start this Thread a lot for the sake of Posting Pictures and discussing such things, if that is alright...?

My Second reason for beginning this Thread is... Pictures tend to "disappear" after a while upon this Forum...! And so this is attempt at a Thread specifically addressing Pictures Posted Here.

I shall start with at least one... of 'Interesting Cloud Formations Over Where I am' (In London): 

• Greetings from myself. Probably the reason for starting this Thread, here... but... This last "Toddington" Picture appears bigger than the previous three upon my EReader. NAS would have to say something about it, officially. Your largest pictures appear to be the two "Castle" pictures, yet that is just myself.

To end this Post I simply try to say... Parakeets! Wild UK Parakeets, anyone...?

• Pictures are shrinking .... can't seem to alter the size  But you get the idea I think!

• My picture taken today at Toddington on the Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway in the Cotswolds.  A very pleasant day after last week's snow!

!

• My picture for today. 

Clear plastic adhesive tape reels taken under cross polarisation.  This gives lovely rainbow effects.  Could say it causes an artistic spectrum condition.....!

• To TrainSpotter. I see no other replies to this picture of two "Dusky Lories", I think...? I wanted to Reply yesterday, yet I was sort of busy upon two other Threads, my apologies. I am here now. And I did want to very much write a Thanks and to add "Cooool!" and "Cuuuute!" and "I want one!" and such things... 

...If I were allowed a Pet at all, they would be a Flying thing that can "Talk" and also defend itself well. So I really appreciate this Photograph. If I may put in a  request, it would be for a picture of any of the Wild Living Parakeets which are in the UK... We get them here in London also.

Thanks again!  :-)  

• Don't know why the pictures are getting smaller.  They were all the same size when I took them!

• Today my picture is of Lord Leycester's Hospital in Warwick.  Those of you who watched the recent daytime private detective series 'Shakespeare and Hathaway' might recognise this as the location of their office.

• I think you originally posted that in the quiz thread, from where it is missing? My suggestion was that, if that thread is important to people here, you might like to edit your own messages (via the More button) and repost the images in their places. However, many forum threads are only important while those particular discussions last, so it may not be worthwhile.

I'm not sure about the message ordering. It's important which Reply button you use, of course. If you reply to this message, your post will appear under this one. If you reply to one of DC's, to that one, and so on. It gets a bit complicated if first DC and then I reply to the same message from you, and several people then reply to DC, because their messages will appear under yours and before mine - but that does group together all the posts relating to the same sub-topic.

However, I suspect that you knew all this, so I don't know whether my comments will help. I can take another look but, because we've all commented several times here, I'm not quite sure which messages you're talking about, sorry. You can get a link to a specific message in a topic where it gives the posting time, e.g. "2 days ago".

• Hi WebPM I have found the thread I posted the aspie quiz score image, or as you say the Intellectual skills image,

it was on the “Problems with this ( NAS )forum February  2018”. Thread.

It is missing, it was posted to see how long it would stay there, Apologies for mentioning it on the picture thread, I got it wrong, it was an image and I forgot I was in the wrong area,

below is the reply from when it was first posted,  dated 26:02:2018.

I replied directly under WebPM’s enquiry yet it has dropped below DC’s reply?

• My picture for today .... a pair of lorakeets, they were on my hand at the time and I took them with my camera in the other hand.  They are at Woburn Abbey and they look lovely happy birds!

a

• I might add that the Great Central Railway have a set of 'Pullman' coaches which they use for special charters and occasional special events, including their Christmas Day Lunch, which may be the only train to run on Christmas Day in Britain!

• Wow! Thank you Trainspotter, I really appreciate the craftsmanship in the brickwork, I know how difficult it is just to lay bricks building a manhole chamber, I find myself often drawn to studying architecture especially older properties, amazing how the skill was used, back then I imagine it was considered just fairly common , archways and tunnels have millions of bricks in them, apprentices would be taught by learning to lay infill coarses, only skilled men set up corners and intricate patterns,

Thank you for the buildings, I must admit I love steam in all it’s forms, I wish I had been around during its development, I dress Victorian when ever I am not at work, cannot wait until the Friday night to wear my choice of clothing, I feel happy and real.

x()x

just to add I love traction engines as well, the grubbier the better, real working engines, I have attended the great Dorset steam fair two years running now, feltvat home with it all. I was born out of my era, unless I was around then? Former life maybe?

• Hmmm... still a ways to go, it seems, in solving all of this completely...? (Another reason added as good towards myself starting this separate Thread...?)

• Thanks for your Reply and later Pictures. I admit that I know little about "Trains" and only assumed that both were "Pullman" due to the same colour scheme used upon the carriages (White, Burgandy (dark red), and Light-gold). As I said, I did not get the front of the Train, but there are lots of Pullmans which apparently run all over the UK....

About a year ago, once when I was in Clapham North station,  there were a lot of people armed with SLR-Cameras there, and I wondered why... but then the Pullman passed through, and they all went mad, and then they all were very busy upon phones...and then they all left...!

I thought it it interesting, since one of the rules of using the Trains in London is that "Flash Photography is not allowed"... but they allow "mobile phones" to do the same, however...(!) 

• Just two pictures, not artistic in any way, of the same subject, Kirby Muxloe Castle near Leicester.  The castle was unfinished as the one who commissioned it, Lord Hastings fell out of favour with the king and lost his head (well, had it forcibly removed ...).

The different effect is just made by filtering in the computer and removing the colour.  But the diapering really shows out, to the extent that the features show which were not visible at all in the original picture.

• Mine not a Pullman, just normal carriages.  It was taken on the Severn Valley Railway on Sunday (18 March).  I do take a lot more subjects than just railways, so I will try to put other themes on here as well when I post.

• I'm sorry that you are still having issues. Could I confirm whether this image (the one marked "Intellectual skills" vanished from the message in this thread, or from somewhere else?

I have seen two separate things about posting images. One is where an image that has been posted successfully vanishes later. In this circumstance, you would see the thread, with your new message posted properly, and the image in place there. Later, you would see the same, except that the image was missing.

I have also seen occasional effects where, when pasting an image into a message that I am writing (i.e. before pressing Reply), a grey box appears where the image should be. That is because the posting process, specifically I think the image upload, is going more slowly than expected. There are a number of possible causes for that, including for example that your Internet connection is temporarily running a bit slowly. Generally, I have found that waiting some seconds, maybe up to 20, will allow the process to complete.

The fix that we applied yesterday was intended to resolve only the first of these two possibilities, as it relates to messages disappearing after posting, whereas the second relates to the image not being uploaded into the message successfully in the first place.

It would be helpful, therefore, if reports could describe the sequence of events a little in order to help me to distinguish these two.

In general, my recommendation, if you want to repost an image that is missing, is to go back to the message where it should appear, edit that message, and paste the image back in.

Hope this helps.

• The very fact there are now four separate threads pointing out variouse issues with this forum is proof enough things need looking into as to just what kind of service is being offered,?

• Apologies as the original picture was in another thread, it was about disappearing images, 

all very confusing now, never quite sure I am posting relevant responses in the correct area,,,,,

feel like just giving up with all this.

Maybe I shall just post random subject matter where ever I find myself at that point.It invariably will vanish or be moved, or may just edit Itself?

x()x

• And may I post a picture I re posted at the first time a fix was promised to have been done, ,,,,it vanished.

so !

20:03:2018.

23:42.

r=52.

v=1442.

s=22.

x()x