~ Photography And Pictures ... (And Pictures Disappearing in this Forum?)

Glad Tidings to All. I have two good reasons to begin this Thread:

One is to discuss Photography in general. I myself am told that I am "good at it", yet I would not claim to be "Professional" at it.

I start this Thread a lot for the sake of Posting Pictures and discussing such things, if that is alright...?

My Second reason for beginning this Thread is... Pictures tend to "disappear" after a while upon this Forum...! And so this is attempt at a Thread specifically addressing Pictures Posted Here.

I shall start with at least one... of 'Interesting Cloud Formations Over Where I am' (In London): 

Parents
  • Just two pictures, not artistic in any way, of the same subject, Kirby Muxloe Castle near Leicester.  The castle was unfinished as the one who commissioned it, Lord Hastings fell out of favour with the king and lost his head (well, had it forcibly removed ...).

The different effect is just made by filtering in the computer and removing the colour.  But the diapering really shows out, to the extent that the features show which were not visible at all in the original picture.

• Just two pictures, not artistic in any way, of the same subject, Kirby Muxloe Castle near Leicester.  The castle was unfinished as the one who commissioned it, Lord Hastings fell out of favour with the king and lost his head (well, had it forcibly removed ...).

The different effect is just made by filtering in the computer and removing the colour.  But the diapering really shows out, to the extent that the features show which were not visible at all in the original picture.

Children
  • Wow! Thank you Trainspotter, I really appreciate the craftsmanship in the brickwork, I know how difficult it is just to lay bricks building a manhole chamber, I find myself often drawn to studying architecture especially older properties, amazing how the skill was used, back then I imagine it was considered just fairly common , archways and tunnels have millions of bricks in them, apprentices would be taught by learning to lay infill coarses, only skilled men set up corners and intricate patterns,

Thank you for the buildings, I must admit I love steam in all it’s forms, I wish I had been around during its development, I dress Victorian when ever I am not at work, cannot wait until the Friday night to wear my choice of clothing, I feel happy and real.

x()x

just to add I love traction engines as well, the grubbier the better, real working engines, I have attended the great Dorset steam fair two years running now, feltvat home with it all. I was born out of my era, unless I was around then? Former life maybe?