Ignorant people

Hello I am almost 20 and I really hate it when there is a lot of ignorant people out there in this world like when they say that we should not have or we cannot have some free events and other free things including like food, water and more others for all ages when they should not even say that at all as it is wrong, unfair, makes me more angry, discrimination based on age and also when nobody is ever too old to have everything for free so I just really want for people's bad attitude there to also stop as they should be happy that some things are free and should be for everyone regardless of age and other factors.

• I'm very confused here , you have voted 'up' each of our comments despite them not necessarily being in agreement with your original point!? Or have I wildly misunderstood your original point? I feel dizzy ... 

• Oh sorry everyone I thought you would all might understand what I am saying when I said that certain things in our everyday lives should be free like food, water and shelter.

There is no such thing as free, they have to be paid for by someone, either the person using/consuming them or someone else, free doesn't exist.

• Oh sorry everyone I thought you would all might understand what I am saying when I said that certain things in our everyday lives should be free like food, water and shelter as they are essential to life.

• I agree with Endymion and Tom in that I don't really understand what you mean.

I'll also say that those things aren't free, food needs to be planted, grown, fertilised, harvested, packaged and distributed. Water needs to be captured, filtered, purified, piped around the country, tested for safety etc. so there is a cost associated with doing that. There is no "free", rather there is "paid for by someone else", if you're saying that you want the state to provide "free" food and water then that means my taxes will have to go up, if you want something that has a cost for free, that means that it has to be paid for by someone else.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, pretty much apart from air and sunlight there isn't free anything, it has to be paid for by someone, even if it's not the person consuming it.

• Hi Sholay,

Like Endymion, I'm not really sure what it is you're objecting to.  The point your trying to make is a little difficult to follow. 

I don't think water should ever be free.  It's a precious resource, and if you made it free, people would simply be more wasteful with it.  Free food?  Well... maybe in the sense of donations to people in desperate need, or as aid relief, yes.  But not as a general principle.  Everything we use and consume has a cost attached to it, unfortunately. 

I'd be more in favour of a fairer distribution of wealth in society, so that everyone could have a decent standard of living and better access to necessities like healthcare, education, etc.  So many people stockpile their wealth, while others are homeless or starving.

This puts it into some context.  I've checked and re-checked the figures, and they're accurate:

• What things are free? I don't think I understand what you are saying. 

Are you saying that it's unfair that food, water and other things (What other things?) are not free for everyone?

Or are you saying that some people get these things for free and you feel it's unfair because you don't? Who are the people who get these things for free?