072 101 108 108 111 032 087 111 114 108 100... with Optional 032 or 046.

There seems to be no other Thread (upon NAS) discussing this as a Topic, or Hobby, or its fancies... despite everyone who can read this actually doing it or using it. 

• To DC I was glad you were here with me, we proved something together,,,, we worked as a team,,,,we succeeded,,,thank you and I look forward to saying hello to you again.()

• You.

Are.

Awesome!

(I must try to keep this in memory! But it is difficult for me, and I was slightly daffy and daring and curious, and so I carried on...)

...and now there is a "new Posting".  Thus I may leave off from this, as you (Mister LoneWarrior) do.... It has been weird and excellent and my mind is in a bit of a whirl... and I wonder who else saw it, yet know that all computers record it, and as I say, despite myself, I shall worry much about it...

This is just who I am - I avoid stepping upon ants and worry much about saying "Hello" at times - ...and so I must see this Thread again after.... well, New Year, just now. Good Fortune to all who read.

• I'm a perfectionist. Who makes enemies by correcting people.

I thought LF was 0x0A.  It's 010 in decimal.

• Hi I have proved my point and all is well. I shall report my findings to admin.

• I have edited my Post. I think this is close to being over, now, and so continue in linear fashion... perhaps....

• Hi this post is as an experiment,now completed thanks.

• Greetings! If this is an online experiment, then I have replied. See if you can edit that, and worry not if it deletes this reply here...

(I had thought that doing such things was indicitive of being a HACKER...!)

------------- 

This is now Altered, despite having been replied to. F Y I... I tried to delete it, but could not!

P.S. ... me, misunderstood again. When I meant "Hacker" I did not mean it in the same way as a "Troll" or "Malicious Hacker", or whatever they are called nowadays. Last I saw, was that a "Hacker" was simply (!) a person who knew how to Program, yet was not within Paid Employment. Or sometthing. I am one such person... and would never "Troll" anyone (another Thread topic there, for certain)...

• To try and give guidance I must say this site has developed a problem that did not exhist before it.

I recently discovered this and intend reporting it.

This has been part of a test and is now completed.

• Um... out of Common Courtesy, I reply, NOW, but I am still feeling the need to run away, and the need to Thank You very very much.

I had to leave off, in order to recall what I intended to Post. It was that, at school, as I said, I was a Cynosure of the "Computer Studies/Science" Classes. But of the Maths classes, all but one Teacher I ever had used to very proudly and loudly declare to me:

MATHEMATICS IS HARD!!!

...and so this is a sort of scar that I have. Yet I knew about Computer Programming, because that was "Self-Taught" (see my other Post upon the other Thread... I might Post a link to it after this). But I am always nervous at other people, no matter how nice they are to me... this could begin yet another new Thread (!). So... um... Thank You and Glad Tidings. Again.

• (if posts I know I typed go missing, my first thought, given the evident "More | report as abusive" option, is that I have inadvertently managed to offend someone...)

...Greetings from me, just to reply as someone who early on came to this Forum and was nearly banned.... No, you are only a little bit wrong yet perhaps slightly correct: This Forum is "riddled", but "report as abusive" is not the main culprit... although "More" might be...!

• 104 111 110 101 115 116 121 044 115 111 117 108 044 104 101 097 114 116 044 116 111 116 097 108 032 098 101 105 110 103 046

honesty,soul,heart,total being.

• I feel a story is needed!

On a car related forum I joined I had many friends, I attended a gathering where all were welcome, I talked to many of them,,,I saw one man sat on the back of his estate car under the tailgate,he was alone and it was raining, I asked if I could shelter for a while,,,he said yes but remained quite,,,,I asked him his name and he was someone I had talked to and considered a good friend, I asked why he was sat alone? He then said” well they all know as I said online that I am gay”. I could not believe he had concerns, I gave him a hug and when the rain eased off we walked together and I introduced him to people he knew but only online, he was happy thstvall accepted him,no judgement, a very nice man,,,I did not see his sexuality as an issue, his inner kindness shone through.

I never judge by gender,race,religeouse belif,disability,looks.

I am aspie and see reality and honesty in people,,,you are just one such person.()x

edited to correct many spelling mistakes,,,,

• we do not judge here, we get judged out there in the so called real world,,,,you are welcome here,,,I have told my story,my worries, dyslexia, my emotions,my worries, but no one has seen fit to judge me about any,,,I only get help if I need it,,,and yes st times I have needed it,out there I was just told to stop fretting and be normal! Here I am accepted for me,,,,,

• Hey just be you,,, I have no judgement other than I judge you as a nice person,,you have feelings,you apologise when you may need not... I like you for you....on here we all get a chance to be ourselves without fear of judgement,,,,in my world in here or outside I would be glad to know you,,,,I do not judge by looks alone,it is the inner soul that shines through....By the way this is honesty,,,I don’t lie it serves no purpose,,, and I don’t drink so believe my sentiments,,,,x()

• 31-12-2017...3.

Still thanking VERY much, all who Post upon this Thread. Those not understanding (yet using what they do not understand anyway (072 101 101 072 101 101)) are also very much appreciated... this is from my Aspergers Point-Of-View... I am learning much about society without having to be accosted by it...

This -last?- is to say that all of this is as if reading a "live" copy of something like Linux Format to myself. And to say to DongFeng5, that you have a lot more patience than I could ever have. And... as I am typing this, it shows that LoneWarrior is typing a reply, and I give as much goodwill to LoneWarrior as to all... yet, as I see that, I get nervous and forget what else I was about to type here!!!!!! And that is one of my very greatest troubles!

• Hello DC thank you for starting this thread,,, as I say I have only recently discovered this ascii text,

I wanted to wish you a happy new year and hope your new year will be a pleasant one,,, having watched since you first took the brave step to post on here I have had many a nice chat with you,,,, I enjoy your company and enjoy your ability to question things you do not quite understand,,, I question anything I don’t understand,,, long may our friendship continue,,, you have grown in confidence over time,,,, I have learnt from knowing you,,,,take care and keep just being you....x()

• 31-12-2017 ...2

I began this Thread out of feeling a... well, "strange" connection. And, as I said, the Other Thread was becoming very long, and frustrating (to find the exact parts of). Surely I cannot thank those who have supported this Tread enough... (I filled a niche, maybe)... yet, this Post may disappoint a little bit.

I am, as if stuck in the 1980s. That is how I recognised ASCII and can grasp the concept of Hexadecimal, Octal, and can recognise a program in C. I, at school, was as if the star of "Computer Science" classes... just like "Art", "Gardening" and "English"... but then, here is where my UserName kicks in...

I wrote a little piece explaining this upon the AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (NAS) INTERNET THREAD... but, the thing is... I cannot keep up with it! Society does not permit me, yet I understand it somewhat. I have some 15 books about Programming in C ( including C+, C++ and C#) and intended to learn Python... but then I am as if not allowed to do anything much at all...

...Oh, bother. This Post is long, now and so I would do best to end it. But I mean what I say, of course.

• Very Glad Tidings to all. Yes, I am "Online" just now... until the New Year Fireworks begin...

I am going to (try to) Post a few things, here, and separate them as they are about different aspects of this same Topic...

31-12-2017... 1.

DeepThought and LoneWarrior spotted that I had written  !  as 032 instead of as 033... This is correct, totally. Upon my own handwritten notes (yes, handwritten!) I had made that mistake... yet only upon the morning after, did I spot it, and then I dare not correct it, for fear of erasing all of the replies thus far given. This (first) Post is to bring an attention to that... if everyone is alright, I shall change it later (32 changed to 33). But I shall not change it until, perhaps mid-January, because I expect this site to be VERY busy with "seeing in the New Year". 

I am SO very glad that I spelt "Hello World" correctly, at least...!

• If you are sitting in front of a UNIX (or modern Mac) machine, you can get these results from:

echo -n "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | od -t d1

echo -n "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | od -t x1

• As you wish.

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Decimal (non-standard, since a leading zero usually implies octal...):

084 072 069 032 081 085 073 067 075 032 066 082 079 087 078 032 070 079 088 032 074 085 077 080 083 032 079 086 069 082 032 084 072 069 032 076 065 090 089 032 068 079 071

Hex (standard representation):

54  48  45  20  51  55  49  43  4b  20  42  52  4f  57  4e  20
    46  4f  58  20  4a  55  4d  50  53  20  4f  56  45  52  20  54
    48  45  20  4c  41  5a  59  20  44  4f  47

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Decimal (non-standard):

116 104 101 032 113 117 105 099 107 032 098 114 111 119 110 032 102 111 120 032 106 117 109 112 115 032 111 118 101 114 032 116 104 101 032 108 097 122 121 032 100 111 103

Hex:

74  68  65  20  71  75  69  63  6b  20  62  72  6f  77  6e  20
    66  6f  78  20  6a  75  6d  70  73  20  6f  76  65  72  20  74
    68  65  20  6c  61  7a  79  20  64  6f  67