Procedure for self referral

I live in Essex and have found a place where you can refer yourself for a diagnosis for autism and aspergers. What are anyone else's experiences of self referral? what was the procedure and how long did it take? Where there any costs involved? Im 51 and have just been inspired to try this having watched the Chris Packham documentary. I have been unemployed for about 25 years and now the only job I have found is dishwashing although I have got a degree and am musical and artistic . 

Parents
    1. 700 to 2,000 pounds for private, most probably.
  • It is strange to me that I am willing to pay more but the system relies on it having the nhs seal of approval for it to be believed.

Why I cannot pay the nhs directly to offset the cost to them I do not know?

If the £1:500 for private is enough then that must be sufficient, cost of two health professionals and one psychiatrist plus admin etc,and being private there must be a profit margin. 

I would gladly pay more but like buying a diploma online is just a waste of time,it may look good hanging on the wall at home but that’s all.

Some have said that by paying for it you are more likely to get what you want,not always the true answer? As payment lends bias.?

Thank you spotty for your support last nite, I had stumbled into a deepish hole,so nice to hear the voice of a friend up above.()

• It is strange to me that I am willing to pay more but the system relies on it having the nhs seal of approval for it to be believed.

Why I cannot pay the nhs directly to offset the cost to them I do not know?

If the £1:500 for private is enough then that must be sufficient, cost of two health professionals and one psychiatrist plus admin etc,and being private there must be a profit margin. 

I would gladly pay more but like buying a diploma online is just a waste of time,it may look good hanging on the wall at home but that’s all.

Some have said that by paying for it you are more likely to get what you want,not always the true answer? As payment lends bias.?

Thank you spotty for your support last nite, I had stumbled into a deepish hole,so nice to hear the voice of a friend up above.()

Children