Singing when I feel happy

I sing out loud randomly when I'm happy. I like singing. I've always liked singing.

Thinking this is an autistic thing? I'm not saying it is just that it's something I've always done and I think it's unique. No one else I know does this.

I did it yesterday in the shops and I saw the shop assistants smirking at me. That hurt and I felt a little upset about it. I don't know why people are so mean about things like this.

Yes I'm an adult but singing when I'm happy is a good thing. I always feel good afterwards and at the time I feel relaxed.

• Sometimes, I notice singing out loud to myself (no music playing) when I am alone driving myself somewhere I am looking forward to - so I think it is probably a good sign.

Context can be a strange thing.  I think that if the person in the shop had instead watched you singing on a TikTok etc. video while they were eating during their lunch break ...they might have enjoyed it as a joyous thing. 

When I was a small child; I was aware that it was common for quite a lot of adult male family friends / neighbours / relatives to whistle tunes to themselves (apparently oblivious to any potential audience, and not bothered if there was / was not an audience).  Often this seemed to be when those guys were totally absorbed by an activity about the house / garden / maintaining a car, motorbike or bicycle - basically, something which they had chosen for themselves to do.  (As opposed to a chore or errand directed by someone else).  Even if I might not have appreciated their actual tunes or prowess of performance - I still liked to hear them whistle about the place as it seemed to convey that all was likely well in their World at that moment.

(I am wishing that you will continue to enjoy your singing).

• donit worried about what others think and I feel the same way too and im working  on that also

• For me it came with age. Eventually you just stop caring what others think. 

• I spend too much time worrying about what others think. I've spent the first 25 years of my life like that.

I find it hard to ignore others but it's something I'm working on.

• My mum used to sing for me. Your daughters lucky.

I'm not good at singing either but I'm doing lessons on youtube.

• I have no idea if it’s autistic or allistic thing… it’s just human thing. Everyone is different, singing is good for mood. I’m not a good singer but I sing for my daughter and we both enjoy. So you also enjoy. Some people stare but hmm yeah it does not feel nice, but some people stare at everyone and judge because this is their favorite thing. It’s much nicer to have singing as your favourite thing :) 

• You be you. Who cares what people think or say?