Managing anxiety better

As the title says really. I have autism, I was diagnosed when I was a child still but back then life was slower paced and there wasn't much worry. But I'm an adult now and this awful anxiety has come in to my life since my daddy's health got bad and now I feel anxious each day and it's started impacting my life more than I'd like you know. Anxiety doesn't just make me feel anxious anymore either. At first, it did but it's changed over time and has become more disabling. I get a lot of pains like chest tightness and jaw tightness, muscles tightening from the stress I'm guessing here? And then sensations such as dizziness and nausea and my color can go white as a ghost.

I have looked online for tips on better management with anxiety but a lot of it is says keeping busy and not thinking about it but I haven't found that to be very effective really you know. Sometimes it can help like if I'm out riding the horses but a lot of the time I still get the anxiety effects like my jaw tightening and then I get even more anxiety in case my jaw dislocates. It's a vicious circle. I've read about training your brain to think more positively as well but I don't understand how that works. It could be a professional thing, I read that too but our local doc hasn't heard of anything like that.
I'm feeling alone with autism. There ain't nobody else with autism in my entire family and no one can relate to how it feels and how it affects me. That's the main reason I've signed up to the community to try and find people who will understand what it's like even if they can't really help. I think just knowing there's others who get it will make a huge difference
This is my first post, sorry it's a bit of a rubbish one. I just feel real frustrated right now because so much is going on.
Parents
  • Sorry I don't know why the writing didn't space. I'll try and copy it here below a second...

As the title says really. I have autism, I was diagnosed when I was a child still but back then life was slower paced and there wasn't much worry. But I'm an adult now and this awful anxiety has come in to my life since my daddy's health got bad and now I feel anxious each day and it's started impacting my life more than I'd like you know. Anxiety doesn't just make me feel anxious anymore either. At first, it did but it's changed over time and has become more disabling. I get a lot of pains like chest tightness and jaw tightness, muscles tightening from the stress I'm guessing here? And then sensations such as dizziness and nausea and my color can go white as a ghost.

I have looked online for tips on better management with anxiety but a lot of it is says keeping busy and not thinking about it but I haven't found that to be very effective really you know. Sometimes it can help like if I'm out riding the horses but a lot of the time I still get the anxiety effects like my jaw tightening and then I get even more anxiety in case my jaw dislocates. It's a vicious circle. I've read about training your brain to think more positively as well but I don't understand how that works. It could be a professional thing, I read that too but our local doc hasn't heard of anything like that.

I'm feeling alone with autism. There ain't nobody else with autism in my entire family and no one can relate to how it feels and how it affects me. That's the main reason I've signed up to the community to try and find people who will understand what it's like even if they can't really help. I think just knowing there's others who get it will make a huge difference.

This is my first post. Sorry it's a sorry it's a bit of a rubbish one. I just feel real frustrated right now because so much is going on.

• Sorry I don't know why the writing didn't space. I'll try and copy it here below a second...

I'm feeling alone with autism. There ain't nobody else with autism in my entire family and no one can relate to how it feels and how it affects me. That's the main reason I've signed up to the community to try and find people who will understand what it's like even if they can't really help. I think just knowing there's others who get it will make a huge difference.

This is my first post. Sorry it's a sorry it's a bit of a rubbish one. I just feel real frustrated right now because so much is going on.

Children
No Data