Looking to make some friends

hello I’m Chloe and I’m 22 years old I’m here again to try to make some new friends hopefully to meet up as well on day 

my hobbies are drawing,baking,cooking,video games,taking photos, watching YouTube and watching Korean dramas and Chinese dramas i also like to listen to kpop Korean pop music. I have a cat names willow and I’m trying to move out of my family home to be more independent.

Parents
  • Hi Chloe!

I'm in my late 20s and pretty early on in my journey. I don't have any connections with other neurodivergent people so it would be nice to get to know some new people. 

My hobbies include digital art, board games, video games, Japanese, reading, and watching YouTube. I've watched some Korean Dramas that I've really enjoyed (Sweet Home, All of Us Are Dead). I like cooking but destroy pretty much anything I try to bake with the exception of brownies and New York cheesecake! 

Take care,

Pip Slight smile

• Hi. If you don't mind me asking, have you been to Japan? I spent a bit of time working out there many moons ago. Very different culture (and cuisine!).  Sadly I didn't learn much of the language and most of what i learned I have forgotten. sumimasen, nihongo warkarimasen!  :-)  .... although I do have a japanese dictionary on the shelf behind me!

• Hi Touay, not yet!

It's super expensive and I only got my passport last year but I really want to go. I follow a few YouTubers who are living out there including Abroad in Japan (a British guy) and it seems so interesting. The differences in culture fascinate me and there seems to be some absolutely stunning areas of beauty. The North seems really interesting for natural beauty and less tourist areas (Sendai, Yamagata etc).

The language is so different from English that I can't imagine it's easy to pick up even in the midst of it! 

What kind of work did you do out there if you don't mind me asking?

• It's honestly so awkward when starting new jobs - I loved it when hybrid working became a thing. My whole team work at home about 90% of the time so I learned their names through video conferencing software as it would display their names under their little camera! 

I have heard it's really hot in the summer. I'm tempted to visit Hokkaido instead of the main island if I do end up going around summer time at any point. The nature and scenery is meant to be beautiful up there too and not as hot. 

I do LOVE the rain though. If I'm not working and instead hanging out getting caught in a crazy rain seems kind of fun. 

Maybe this is me, but I think it would be slightly easier for me to make friends with Japanese people (or other non-UK people in a different country). I think it would be nice for any oddness to be chalked up to me being a foreigner instead of me just being odd would reduce some of the pressure in my own head which would be nice. 

Yeah, I've heard the work hours are crazy and inefficient. 70 hours is insane! I currently work a full-time role at 36 hours a week and honestly, I can't imagine working much longer than that. I did a short period once in a different role where we were under staffed and I did longer hours (but still not quite at the 70 mark) and I very quickly burned out. Work-life balance is so important. I think that's one of the things that is putting me off being interested in more than tourism at the moment. 

It is such an interesting country and I am really fascinated to see how the culture develops and changes over the next few decades with more western influence - e.g. will their working culture become more healthy?!

• It's honestly so awkward when starting new jobs - I loved it when hybrid working became a thing. My whole team work at home about 90% of the time so I learned their names through video conferencing software as it would display their names under their little camera! 

I have heard it's really hot in the summer. I'm tempted to visit Hokkaido instead of the main island if I do end up going around summer time at any point. The nature and scenery is meant to be beautiful up there too and not as hot. 

I do LOVE the rain though. If I'm not working and instead hanging out getting caught in a crazy rain seems kind of fun. 

Maybe this is me, but I think it would be slightly easier for me to make friends with Japanese people (or other non-UK people in a different country). I think it would be nice for any oddness to be chalked up to me being a foreigner instead of me just being odd would reduce some of the pressure in my own head which would be nice. 

Yeah, I've heard the work hours are crazy and inefficient. 70 hours is insane! I currently work a full-time role at 36 hours a week and honestly, I can't imagine working much longer than that. I did a short period once in a different role where we were under staffed and I did longer hours (but still not quite at the 70 mark) and I very quickly burned out. Work-life balance is so important. I think that's one of the things that is putting me off being interested in more than tourism at the moment. 

It is such an interesting country and I am really fascinated to see how the culture develops and changes over the next few decades with more western influence - e.g. will their working culture become more healthy?!

Children
No Data