Breast Removal

I'll address this to all female sexed as only female sexed have breasts.

I'm seriously considering breast removal as my breasts are really beginning to irritate me and at times it's getting quite distressing and distracting.

It started with bras feeling so uncomfortable around my mid region, I say mid region as when I was younger my bras were further up my body so I didn't feel anything 'digging' in to me or constricting. Being older my breasts are further down so my bras now seem to go around the top of my stomach and lower chest. 

My friend took me for a bra fitting in Debenhams a while ago and it did feel a bit better initially, but it's getting to the point I just want to get them off my body.

I've tried alternative support experimenting with neck scarfs - making them into a sling type shape - which is better but was sore on my neck.

I even hate the feeling of them against my body when I don't wear bra and the way they move around so don't want to do that either. This was something I didn't like either when I was younger so that has remained.

I can't think of any other way to resolve the 'feeling' issues, this is quite distressing for me, I haven't mentioned this to anyone else, I don't know what else to do but there are times I want to just try and cut them off myself.

• Thankyou for letting us know about this issue. Sometimes our spam filter may become more sensitive and block posts that should be allowed. Please be assured that our moderation team will review any blocked posts and allow them where they comply with forum rules.

All the best,

ChloeMod

• Thanks, I can't see anyway to appeal, but I've emailed them.

• It's an oversensitive filter. Loads of us are getting harmless posts flagged at the moment- you can go into your notifications to appeal, and a human mod will sort it out.

• I never thought a profile name could be so problematic!

• Moderator request: I have had a notification for an abuse request for this post, I didn't make any such request, I'm not sure if someone else has but please explain the notification?

Thanks

• Thank you so much for this very helpful reply also.

• Not a very nice time in my life. I kept hoping I would put the weight back on, but after 2 years, I had to get a whole new wardrobe and sell the old one. It was awful. All my favourite items Weary

• I have had the surgery, though my gender identity is trans male.

Gender expression, non-binary.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to have this surgery if you do not identify as trans, or  have a medical requirement such as breast cancer.

There is a very niche area of medicine that deals with people who cannot cope with having a certain part of their body.  For example, some people want to be amputees, and will take off a leg with a shotgun to fulfill this need that they have.  

To have the 'top surgery', I had to have signatures from two different consultants.  

One of these had to be from an NHS consultant.

The surgery was more traumatic than I had thought it would be.

Both physically and mentally.

It is obviously very invasive, and took about five years for the scar tissue pain to subside completely.

That said.... I was never comfortable with breasts.  I would try and stay as thin as possible to make them as small as possible.  I wore tight sports bras.  

The aesthetic result is ok, not great.  However, I have never once regretted the surgery, or missed having breasts.  

Other aspects of tranistioning have been disappointing, though I have worked through this psychologically.  No regrets, just poor results.  

So I hope this may help a little bit, maybe there is something in there that you can take away.  

I was thinking the other day about the hours I have spent rearranging clothing in my lifetime, due to being so irritated by the way it feels.  How clothes fall on my body.  Thousands of irritated hours I should think, lol.

Nevermind.  

I wish you all the best with your decision 

• I did discover all the above Rai doing research last night following Peter's reply, I've come to the conclusion that a binder can have just as many side-effects as surgery.

• I am a pre-op trans man and I hate my boobs so I can totally relate. I have spent my life hating that they're there and wishing I could wake up and they'd be gone. Since I have come out and started binding I feel much better, but there are things you should consider. 

1. A binder should always be a size bigger than your other clothes (I wear large in clothes so my binder is XL). Not doing this can cause damage to your ribs.
    2. You should only wear a binder for UPTO 8 hours a day (I have a XXXL that I wear the rest of the time).
    3. You should not use the cheap hook and eye binders, ever.
    4. You should not use tape or bandages as you are likely to make it tighter than it should be.
    5. You should be able to breathe in a well fitting binder.
    6. Always read reviews before buying a new brand for the first time and tiktok and YouTube are good places to find more information. 

I will check the name of the brand I use, if you are big breasted you will need a full length binder, they can be annoying because they sometimes ride up, but you would hang out of a short one so take on a weird body shape. 

That being said, I have never felt as 'me' as I do in a binder and I highly recommend them if you stick to the rules. 

• Thanks Catlover, that's incredible you lost that weight in that time.

• I suggest binding, sports bras, minimiser bras etc before surgery, Bra fitting can help, but if it’s the wrong type of bra, as opposed to any bra that fits, it won’t be helping and supporting you properly. I don’t know how much you weigh, but back when I was a size 12-14 my chest was awfully uncomfortable. I hated everything about them. When my marriage ended, I eventually went into burn out, (though I didn’t realise at the time), I didn’t do anything, and couldn’t eat. My weight plummeted and in 3 months I was 3 dress sizes smaller, and for the first time I didn’t need a bra (but still wore one). That horrible feeling was gone. It really changed things for me, and incidentally I have never put the weight back on. I’m nit recommending you don’t eat! But weight loss if it’s a possibility might help a little….. perhaps.

• Thanks for all the suggestions Peter, they are not very large at all neither am I by standardised measurements.

It's not chaffing, I don't know how else to describe it though.

The binder seems very interesting, I will look into that.

Either way, exploring all those options is in itself a major obstacle and probably why my brain defaults to removal.

• Thanks for the link Debbie.

• No I hadn't thought about that at all, I'm just so focused on wanting them off me. 

• well if they are very large you could probably get a reduction, possibly on the NHS? Otherwise it seems a bit extreme to address minor chafing? If you're smaller you could just go without a bra but it doesn't sound like thats the case. Have you looked at sports bras? They tend to offer more support than conventional bras and hold the breasts a bit more 'still.' Aside from that you could try Breast binding. Purpose made 'binders' exist and are used by crossdressers and transmen who want to conceal their breasts. They should hold them quite still up against your chest. Alternatively if you just want your breasts to be supported and not against your body you could try a well made corset but obviously if you find bras constricting you would almost certainly find a corset so.

• Have you considered breast reduction surgery?

Here's a link to some NHS information, but private reduction may also be an option, if affordable:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cosmetic-procedures/cosmetic-surgery/breast-reduction-female/