Breast Removal

I'll address this to all female sexed as only female sexed have breasts.

I'm seriously considering breast removal as my breasts are really beginning to irritate me and at times it's getting quite distressing and distracting.

It started with bras feeling so uncomfortable around my mid region, I say mid region as when I was younger my bras were further up my body so I didn't feel anything 'digging' in to me or constricting. Being older my breasts are further down so my bras now seem to go around the top of my stomach and lower chest. 

My friend took me for a bra fitting in Debenhams a while ago and it did feel a bit better initially, but it's getting to the point I just want to get them off my body.

I've tried alternative support experimenting with neck scarfs - making them into a sling type shape - which is better but was sore on my neck.

I even hate the feeling of them against my body when I don't wear bra and the way they move around so don't want to do that either. This was something I didn't like either when I was younger so that has remained.

I can't think of any other way to resolve the 'feeling' issues, this is quite distressing for me, I haven't mentioned this to anyone else, I don't know what else to do but there are times I want to just try and cut them off myself.

Parents
  • I suggest binding, sports bras, minimiser bras etc before surgery, Bra fitting can help, but if it’s the wrong type of bra, as opposed to any bra that fits, it won’t be helping and supporting you properly. I don’t know how much you weigh, but back when I was a size 12-14 my chest was awfully uncomfortable. I hated everything about them. When my marriage ended, I eventually went into burn out, (though I didn’t realise at the time), I didn’t do anything, and couldn’t eat. My weight plummeted and in 3 months I was 3 dress sizes smaller, and for the first time I didn’t need a bra (but still wore one). That horrible feeling was gone. It really changed things for me, and incidentally I have never put the weight back on. I’m nit recommending you don’t eat! But weight loss if it’s a possibility might help a little….. perhaps.

• I suggest binding, sports bras, minimiser bras etc before surgery, Bra fitting can help, but if it’s the wrong type of bra, as opposed to any bra that fits, it won’t be helping and supporting you properly. I don’t know how much you weigh, but back when I was a size 12-14 my chest was awfully uncomfortable. I hated everything about them. When my marriage ended, I eventually went into burn out, (though I didn’t realise at the time), I didn’t do anything, and couldn’t eat. My weight plummeted and in 3 months I was 3 dress sizes smaller, and for the first time I didn’t need a bra (but still wore one). That horrible feeling was gone. It really changed things for me, and incidentally I have never put the weight back on. I’m nit recommending you don’t eat! But weight loss if it’s a possibility might help a little….. perhaps.

Children