Exams coming up, refusing to revise

My son has Aspergers and will be 15 soon.  He has started working towards GCSE's.  The problem is he just won't revise.  Then when it's time to sit an assessment or actual exam papers (he's sat two already) he panics and gets really upset that he's going to fail. So because of this he now has the thought that hes going to fail anyway so what's the point? Has anyone got any ideas how I can get him to first of all revise and secondly to teach him how to stop getting into a state?

Parents
  • I too have a son of similar age, so I can understand what you are going through! Have 

you tried using a reward system.  My son responds well to being able to earn money for a certain amount of revision so that he can then buy something that he would like. We usually draw up a chart of an agreed amount of revision which we break down into half hour sessions, he then ticks them off as he completes them.

I have to admit this does not always work but at times it is helpful.

Good luck! :)

• I too have a son of similar age, so I can understand what you are going through! Have 

you tried using a reward system.  My son responds well to being able to earn money for a certain amount of revision so that he can then buy something that he would like. We usually draw up a chart of an agreed amount of revision which we break down into half hour sessions, he then ticks them off as he completes them.

I have to admit this does not always work but at times it is helpful.

Good luck! :)

Children
No Data