Grandson 12 lives with us is on pathway for ADAD

Returning to school due to meltdowns my grandson has only been to secondary school 8 times he was bullied and was really struggling with all the noises and crowds he had a meltdown everyday we now have been told he has been refused EHCP and saying he has to go back to school next week I’m so worried the same thing will happen he even as meltdowns when he’s doing something he enjoys the social worker came the other day and said to him if you have a meltdown at school don’t think you can come home and play on your iPad he told me what he had said I am distraught my grandson said Nan I can’t help having them and I can’t do anything afterwards but go to sleep this is not acceptable to say that to a child who in the past has been through neglect on my daughters part) and also struggles with everything other children take for granted it’s as if he’s saying it to be a warning and run crying to Nan which is not the case I’m unsure about sending him back there even though my grandson said he’ll give it a go but has been weepy and saying everybody will be staring at him I don’t know what to do for the best I’m soo worried any advice will be grateful 

• I’m sorry to hear this, I really hope it wasn’t the schools SENCO that spoke like that to your grandson. If not, I would suggest contacting the school senco and asking what they can do to help his return. He sounds brave in agreeing to go back and this should be supported by the school as well as you. 
    Alternatively, you could contact his head of year or even the headteacher in your request for support. Is there someone he could check in with during the day? Could he plan to go somewhere quiet during breaks? 
    you sound like a wonderful Nan, and sorry he is struggling. Lots of support and encouragement and taking one day at a time.