Autism and Romance.

My son is nearly 30. He was diagnosed as having autism when he was 6. He has done really well and now lives independently about 100 miles away from me ( I live in a remote area). He has carved out a life for himself volunteering and attending classes. He has one male friend whom he met at college and they keep in regular contact. However my son would dearly love to have a special woman in his life and cannot get over the hurdles to meeting someone that his autism presents. I am really not trying to matchmake ( yes I am) but If any parent is, like me, heartsore for their lonely child and knows a lovely young woman on the spectrum, please reply. 

Parents
  • Hi.    I wouldn't concentrate on him having an autie girlfriend too much - just concentrate on him finding someone he clicks with.       I'm aspie and I have an NT wife - for almost 30 years so far,

• Hi.    I wouldn't concentrate on him having an autie girlfriend too much - just concentrate on him finding someone he clicks with.       I'm aspie and I have an NT wife - for almost 30 years so far,

Children