Can GPs prescribe?

Evening All

I would like to look into medication to help with my son's explosive outbursts. He is upset that he cannot control them and I am increasingly concerned about our families safety as he is now bigger and heavier than me.

To add to this, my mental health is suffering as a result of the unpredictable (or sometimes predictable but unpreventable) anger. I want to go to our GP asap and ask for help. I am already on citalopram for panic and anxiety disorder but my son wants to discuss medication for him too.

Can a GP support with this this or will it require referral to CAMHS?

Many thanks for any words of advice.

Parents Reply Children
No Data