Struggling mum of undiagnosed Aspergers daughter

I am here today as I am struggling a lot myself.  I feel I have no one to talk to.  It’s not easy to say what I need to say to people who are not in my situation.  I’m scared for the future of my daughter and I love her very much but I really dislike her behaviour and the effect she is having on our family, she is breaking us. I also feel she's purposefully  pushing all the buttons to hurt me and I don’t like how I am feeling towards her at the moment, I feel like a terrible mum but all I do is try and care and fight her corner. She just treats me like dirt.  I hate the way she makes me feel, I didn’t set about to have a family to feel like this about my own child. 

Yesterday she was so bad I stayed in my bedroom all afternoon, I’ve been to the doctor as I am struggling with sleep myself now, last week I didn’t want to get in my car because I was scared I would crash it into a wall.  I really don’t like the feelings I have about her, it’s  either going well (when she’s out of her comfort zone) or just a horrendous negative situation fuelled by her nastiness to everyone around her 

I know I need to be managing this and taking control and being the strong grown up but I cannot cope with it at the minute and i need some support but don’t know where to get it ?  I really need some help. 

Parents
  • Hi  

Sorry you're struggling. I,'d like to try to help, but I need to know: you say your child is undiagnosed, so is it professionals that thinks she is autistic and you're waiting for a referral, or you're not getting a referral because only you think she is? 

Female autism diagnoses are extrenemy hard to get- myself and my child both got ours after a very long, very stressful fight. 

• Hi I’m not sure if I’ve hit on the right bit to get this message seen but my son is going through the referral process now but it’s been a struggle to get over parties to fill in the forms, is there a private testing service that’s recognised by the NHS? My son has a lot of sensory issues and is anxious and I just don’t think he can wait six months to be seen, thanks for any advice

• Hi I’m not sure if I’ve hit on the right bit to get this message seen but my son is going through the referral process now but it’s been a struggle to get over parties to fill in the forms, is there a private testing service that’s recognised by the NHS? My son has a lot of sensory issues and is anxious and I just don’t think he can wait six months to be seen, thanks for any advice

Children
  • Hello,

Hope you are well, i think maybe if  you start a new thread you’ll get more replies.  I was told that I could find a private paediatrician by a GP and he said look at BUPA but  I haven’t organised anything Yet and I don’t know if this is the correct advice he gave me.  There are very knowledgeable people on here but they might not see this thread .... good luck and all re best.