Struggling mum of undiagnosed Aspergers daughter

I am here today as I am struggling a lot myself.  I feel I have no one to talk to.  It’s not easy to say what I need to say to people who are not in my situation.  I’m scared for the future of my daughter and I love her very much but I really dislike her behaviour and the effect she is having on our family, she is breaking us. I also feel she's purposefully  pushing all the buttons to hurt me and I don’t like how I am feeling towards her at the moment, I feel like a terrible mum but all I do is try and care and fight her corner. She just treats me like dirt.  I hate the way she makes me feel, I didn’t set about to have a family to feel like this about my own child. 

Yesterday she was so bad I stayed in my bedroom all afternoon, I’ve been to the doctor as I am struggling with sleep myself now, last week I didn’t want to get in my car because I was scared I would crash it into a wall.  I really don’t like the feelings I have about her, it’s  either going well (when she’s out of her comfort zone) or just a horrendous negative situation fuelled by her nastiness to everyone around her 

I know I need to be managing this and taking control and being the strong grown up but I cannot cope with it at the minute and i need some support but don’t know where to get it ?  I really need some help. 

Parents
  • Hi  

Sorry you're struggling. I,'d like to try to help, but I need to know: you say your child is undiagnosed, so is it professionals that thinks she is autistic and you're waiting for a referral, or you're not getting a referral because only you think she is? 

Female autism diagnoses are extrenemy hard to get- myself and my child both got ours after a very long, very stressful fight. 

• Hi  

Sorry you're struggling. I,'d like to try to help, but I need to know: you say your child is undiagnosed, so is it professionals that thinks she is autistic and you're waiting for a referral, or you're not getting a referral because only you think she is? 

Female autism diagnoses are extrenemy hard to get- myself and my child both got ours after a very long, very stressful fight. 

Children
  • Hi I’m not sure if I’ve hit on the right bit to get this message seen but my son is going through the referral process now but it’s been a struggle to get over parties to fill in the forms, is there a private testing service that’s recognised by the NHS? My son has a lot of sensory issues and is anxious and I just don’t think he can wait six months to be seen, thanks for any advice

• Thanks for your kindness in replying .... she is on the diagnosis pathway the paediatrician has put her for a referral and we are currently awaiting the speech and language referral, I believe there are a few appointments on the way to a diagnosis. I have read so many books and I thing she has ocd and Aspergers also. I want to support her but I need support to do that.  There are no grandparents or friends to ask and we are a unit on our own.