Frustrated parent!!!

So this is the first time I have ever posted anything but honestly I'm at the end of my limits. My child is 12 I have know since he was very young that something was special about him, but because it was my first child I was patted on the head and passed from pillar to post. 12 months ago we were told adhd and referred to more services!!   Please let me say that my child has been let down by so many services cahms, Schools and Dr's.  5 weeks ago we went for ados assessment still waiting on outcome,  but no one ever gives you a straight answer or offers constructive advice so for everything that has happened and all the fighting to try and get help all I have is a bunch of labels !!!! 

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you for your response,  yes he is on medication we tried for a while without but it was unfair on us all, food and sleep are a problem because of his meds but as you said its been the first time in his life that he can now sit still for a short time.  I am now looking at websites just to get information Thumbsup