The Art of Different Wiring

One of my paintings, titled 'In Between', I wonder what you guys will make of it, be gentle with me, I do have a Masters degree for validation but still not much self confidence.  I think of my work in terms of 'mindscapes' and always have.  Have a feeling this is going to load really small, if at all...

Hope it shows up big enough to see it.

Parents
  • At 567x567 pixels, it's not easy to make out details, but the painting has a coherent shape. The relationships between the thirteen tall, thin figures at the bottom right corner interest me. (I say thirteen, but there may be a fourteenth who's lying down.) My eye is naturally drawn first to those shapes because they look human, but then I notice the resemblance to similar shapes elsewhere in the painting, and the thin black brush strokes in the top left start to look like human limbs.

I see it as the depiction of events during the siege of a fortification, and I like it.

• Thank you for your thoughts, it is always interesting to hear someone's take on abstract art and what they see in it, I appreciate you taking the time to have a look.  The file resolution upload limit is very low as far as I can work out, which is a shame I agree as details are lost and it's all about the details!

• Thank you for your thoughts, it is always interesting to hear someone's take on abstract art and what they see in it, I appreciate you taking the time to have a look.  The file resolution upload limit is very low as far as I can work out, which is a shame I agree as details are lost and it's all about the details!

Children
No Data