Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • MattBucks still hasn't answered my questions in #20. Please do so ASAP.

I'm interested to know exactly which year the NAS first recognised AS and decided that people with AS are now within their territory.

I have met 30 and 40 somethings with AS who were statemented for SEN at school, and in some cases had meetings with psychologists, but none of them were diagnosed with ASD or referred to the NAS at the time. It looks like the NAS only decided that people with AS are within its territory some time after 1990.

What were the first official or public documents produced by the NAS that specifically mention AS?

Trainspotter said:
    The NAS certainly is not a 'charity' in the traditional sense of the word.  It is a commercial business, funded by the government.  And it appears that the 'charity' element is a cover to divert the attention away from the fact it is a commercial business.  A charity is perceived by the majority of the population to rely on direct donations from the public, and not be in effect be some sort of government quango.

That is very true but the public doesn't realise this. I suppose if you are at the more severe end of the spectrum and are receiving most of the services you require from the NAS then you probably don't care whether it is a charity, business, quango, run by the devil, or whatever. On the other hand, if the core services of the NAS, mostly funded by public money with strings attached, do not meet your needs and requirements then it becomes a matter of concern as to what the NAS is in reality. It is difficult for them to say that it is a charity in the traditional sense of the word.    

• MattBucks still hasn't answered my questions in #20. Please do so ASAP.

I'm interested to know exactly which year the NAS first recognised AS and decided that people with AS are now within their territory.

I have met 30 and 40 somethings with AS who were statemented for SEN at school, and in some cases had meetings with psychologists, but none of them were diagnosed with ASD or referred to the NAS at the time. It looks like the NAS only decided that people with AS are within its territory some time after 1990.

What were the first official or public documents produced by the NAS that specifically mention AS?

Trainspotter said:
    The NAS certainly is not a 'charity' in the traditional sense of the word.  It is a commercial business, funded by the government.  And it appears that the 'charity' element is a cover to divert the attention away from the fact it is a commercial business.  A charity is perceived by the majority of the population to rely on direct donations from the public, and not be in effect be some sort of government quango.

That is very true but the public doesn't realise this. I suppose if you are at the more severe end of the spectrum and are receiving most of the services you require from the NAS then you probably don't care whether it is a charity, business, quango, run by the devil, or whatever. On the other hand, if the core services of the NAS, mostly funded by public money with strings attached, do not meet your needs and requirements then it becomes a matter of concern as to what the NAS is in reality. It is difficult for them to say that it is a charity in the traditional sense of the word.    

Children
No Data