Difficult conversation

Hi I don't know if this is a rant or a question, so please bare with me.

I have been married a long time. All relationships change over time. It now feels that we just exist in the same place but not together, if that makes sense.

I don't particularly like being touched by others but my physical contact with my wife has always been essential, I'm not just taking about sex. So simple things like holding hands, a hug or a casual touch on the way past etc. All this seems to have dried up completely and it's really bothering me.

Over the last couple of years it has diminished even more and  as I'm the primary instigator it makes me feel unwanted and rejected as it's not shown in return.

We've never been chatty when it comes to the ins and outs of our relationship, it just flowed in generally the same direction.

My wife seems more content doing puzzles or reading a book.

I've been awake for hours running scenarios for a conversation I'm terrified to have.

Anyway I've got to get up for work soon, so I can stress about there instead.

Parents
  • The only advice I can give and applies to most situations that bother you. Have the conversation calmly and don't wait until you are at your wits end and close to exploding about it. Say how you feel. Listen to how she feels. Don't argue!

• The only advice I can give and applies to most situations that bother you. Have the conversation calmly and don't wait until you are at your wits end and close to exploding about it. Say how you feel. Listen to how she feels. Don't argue!

Children
No Data