What do I want for xmas?

I've been asked to compile a list of things I'd like for xmas and as ever I have no idea, beyond some of my favourite body lotion. Every year this question comes along and every year I've little idea of how to answer it. I don't get anxious about it like I used to as a child, but now instead of thier being to many things to choose from, now there seems not enough as I live quite simply.

I've got loads of gardening tools.

I'm reluctant to ask for clothes as I'm not easy to buy for.

For some reason people seem reluctant to buy me books?

I've got enough kitchen equipment.

My DiL is quite good and was the only person to take me seriously when I asked for a bright pink wheelbarrow, but there are things I would really like that she can't buy me, like new knees!

Does anyone else find themselves in a similar dilema?

• I feel your pain. My birthday is at the end of November, so quite close to Christmas. This means that I have to decide what I want for my birthday AND Christmas. I would suggest start thinking what you want early in the year and make a list of ideas. I will try this in the new year also.

• What I really want for Christmas is not the usual material stuff, it is instead for our political leaders globally to turn away from the path of evil that they have taken all of us on these past 4 years, to turn back to God and to work towards restoring real peace, real security and start obeying His Commandments, especially where this involves our children and our young people - there is a reason for the season of Christmas that does not involve presents and the material world and in my 30 years working in supermarkets, I’ve always focused on the real Real Reason for Christmas with is the reality of Christ’s Birth among us as an expression of God’s Love for us 

• I like Breyer horses and I wish i can get Kansas city chiefs tickets I'm a huge chiefs fan and I never been to a chiefs game before and I wish i can go someday

• I usually ask for the latest Marvel films or some sort of ancient TV Sci-Fi boxed set.

• My DiL is quite good at getting me exactly what I ask for, the problem is even when I tell her not to she buys me everything on my list.

It's difficult with clothes as I tend to buy from small independent shops that don't do online shopping and we live in different places. I might try and find a load of text books I'd like. I find people don't like going down the charity route, they want me to have something to open and enjoy and think that I'm somehow being lazy or in self denial. This is also why I have problems asking for plants or a ton of top soil is that people don't really believe that I actually want it and aren't just being weird or difficult.

• I'm not someone obsessed with having things, so I also never know how to answer this question. Part of me thinks I'll be judged in what I say, another part of me thinks I could just get what I want myself. I now usually just get useful things I'll definitely use, like chocolate.

• In a similar vein, as a father to 3 children, "time" would be an ideal gift for me!

• My birthday is in October. I'll have my folks asking me what I want for Christmas in September. I don't even know what I ruddy want for my birthday yet!

• Peace and quiet would be lovely!

I feel I would rather people give money to charity than buy more stuff, but I have not been bold enough to ask yet.

• All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

I'll get my coat.

• I don’t really like random items, the word ‘novelty’ on something is the worst.  I normally ask for either a magazine subscription or a Milwaukee power tool to add to the collection. I like things that are useful, 

• Sometimes asking for a magazine subscription or a club membership is a way to get  a specific thing you want but I'm happy to get anything tbh 

• I find that being specific with the books or clothes is a good way to get what I want - think how easy it would be if everyone had a wih list to make it easy to buy for them.

It means you get exactly what you ask for (from a list of options at least) which means their money is better spent and they get more satisfaction in seeing you happy with the gift.

An alternative is to be selfless and ask people to donate to a charity of your choice - I've done this more often than anything else lately.

• People won't buy you books because it's difficult to guess which ones you would enjoy, unless you give them a list to choose from.

We don't really do Christmas any more, we just get in some nice food & drink and watch some movies. But if I had to do the Christmas present exchanging thing I'd say I wanted vouchers. What's the point in someone spending money on something the recipient might not like?