Favourite lyrics to a song?

I couldn't possibly pick an all time favourite, but here's some that spring to mind.

"Why did God make me feel there is more to be answered? Maybe God cannot remedy our souls if he tried?" - Kamelot, "Farewell"

"No one surveys the whole. Focus on things so small. But, life's objective is to make it meaningful." - Epica, "Sensorium"

"Horrifying fecal demons/ Rising up out of the caverns below/ Dark robotic astral zombies/ Eating the peasants who live in Glasgow." - Gloryhammer, "The Siege of Dunkeld" (from Glasgow, I laugh every time)

"I've got this madman in my mind, this prolific designer. And he's working overtime, and he gets all wired up." - Poets of the Fall, "Drama for Life"

"'No reason to get excited.' the thief he kindly spoke, 'There are many here among us, who think that life is but a joke." - Jimi Hendrix, "All Along the Watchtower".

Parents
  • I actually sing All Along the watchtower, I have it in my music setlist that i play,  I'm a massive bob dylan fan.  I mostly like dylans lyrics from the late 60's , he was reading a lot of french symbolic poetry at the time.  One of my favorites is the song "I want you"

"The guilty undertaker sighs
    The lonesome organ grinder cries
    The silver saxophones say I should refuse you
    The cracked bells and washed-out horns
    Blow into my face with scorn
    But it’s not that way
    I wasn’t born to lose you"

I also like simon and garfunkel , I always related to the lyrics in a song called I am a Rock

"I've built walls
    A fortress deep and mighty
    That none may penetrate
    I have no need of friendship, friendship causes pain

It's laughter and it's loving I disdain
    I am a rock I am an island"

• I first heard the song on Guitar Hero 3, credited to Bob Dylan. Since then I've also heard it credited to Hendrix, so I was uncertain where it actually came from.

• Its Originally by Bob Dylan , but he played it solo just on an acoustic guitar, The Jimi Hendrix electric version is better in my Opinion 

• he wrote it for jimmy.

• I think them different but equal, much the same with Dylan's Mr Tambourine Man and The Byrds' version.

Reply Children
No Data