Science, A Modified Displacement Formula for Non-Zero Displacements

Helllo there, 

I always dreamed of becoming a scientist, but I couldn't get into university. Still, I managed to modify the displacement law, which had been troubling me at zero. I hope you enjoy the modification

Introduction

The standard displacement formula, Δx=xf−xi​, can result in zero displacement when xf=xi This limitation is particularly problematic in applications such as simulations, numerical analyses, and contexts requiring continuous motion. For instance, in robotics and animation, zero displacement can cause issues with position tracking and visual continuity. To address this challenge, we propose a modified displacement formula designed to ensure non-zero displacement, which is crucial for accurate modeling and simulation.

Methodology

Redefining Initial Position:

To avoid zero displacement, we introduce a small positive constant ϵ\epsilonϵ. The modified initial position xi′ ​ is defined as:

xi′=xf+ϵ 

where ϵ is a small value, selected to be contextually appropriate. The displacement formula then becomes:

Δx′=xf−(xf+ϵ)=−ϵ

This modification ensures that the displacement Δx′ is always non-zero, thus preventing zero displacement in scenarios where continuous motion is required.

Parents
  • Now can you make F=MA work in the context of me trying to push a car with seized-on brakes?

(Plenty of F & M not so much A)

• Yea, I suppose my brain can cope with that comparison, but I have zero idea if the mechanics and mathematics stick correctly....but they might do....I'm having inertia problems of my own right now, so I will follow good advice, and close this place for a while....to find some brain WD4T.

• Yea, I suppose my brain can cope with that comparison, but I have zero idea if the mechanics and mathematics stick correctly....but they might do....I'm having inertia problems of my own right now, so I will follow good advice, and close this place for a while....to find some brain WD4T.

Children
No Data