Who's going to write "None of the above" on their ballot paper tomorrow?

Does anyone else have the conviction that whoever wins the election tomorrow, nothing will really improve for us here in England?

Parents
  • I have already voted using a postal vote. I don’t know how old you are I Sperg - but I’m old enough to remember various governments and I think they have varied in many profound ways that absolutely HAS made a difference to people’s day to day lives. For example: when Blair/Labour got into power I was getting something like £6 a week in Family Tax Credits - and by the time they lost power it was much higher and that made a real difference to how much money we as a family had to spend on necessities like healthier food, or whether or not we could put the heating on. I remember as well that they made a payment of something like £35 a week to Sixth Form students, and the Tories axed that, and in some cases it made the difference as to whether some children could afford to stay  on to do A levels (and consequently didn’t go to Uni). These might seem like small differences but they really do have a serious impact on people’s lives and children’s futures. 
    I would say to everyone on here: PLEASE VOTE! Have your say - because this is YOUR LIFE and you deserve a say in how things are run. You might not get the result you want (although you might!) but at least you will be standing up for your right to express your view and your priorities. Also it has to be said that the Tories have done NOTHING to improve the lives of autistic people and disabled people in general - so that’s something to consider. 

• I first "noticed" politics when a bloke called Enoch Powell was getting the same sort of treatment reported in the newspapers as I was at the time recieivng in the playground. I decided "I didn't like politics" at that point, and like anything I take a dislike to, I kept a weather eye on it and learned about it over the years.

Changes, yes I have seen many of those, but improvements? Not so much. I've seen a steady decline in public standards, efficeincy, happiness, safety, wealth etc consistently in this country since I was first aware that these things mattered. I've just been told that there are an awful lot of people voting "REFORM" tomorrow and I'd be tempted, (because reform of our current values are defintely what's needed) but our values are not formed by government at all they are formed by the media and the people who hold the little known job title of "opinion formers"...  (YEah I know we all think we have special independent little minds, but we dont'; actually!.

There is an entire, vast, hugely profitable industry out there whos sole function is to influence us en-masse, and they are good at what they do.

I've come over a great deal of time to the conclusion that casting yrou vote, is just agrreing to be abused b one or another group of puppets who are actually in thrall to and influenced by factors, ideas and half baed palns to which we the public will never be privy except via rumours and whispers. 

We have elected to many incompetent and venial governments now for it to be simply "bad luck", there really is some complicating factor at work, which none of us (except perhaps some ignored genius in a basement who's puzzled it out) are bright enough to figure out and fix.   

• I agree that significant change isn’t likely to happen with the current system any time soon. And I also don’t think that the country isn’t genuinely being run for the benefit of the vast majority of people, and definitely it exploits people, and exploits the planet to make a minority very wealthy indeed. But we are where we are and I think that voting - even if we are only voting for ‘the least worst option’ is still worth doing. For healthcare alone the Tories cannot be trusted with the NHS. I respect that many on here will have very different politic leanings to myself - but I think we all can agree that we want our basic public services (such as healthcare, education, transport) to at least function efficiently. That’s not ideology - it’s just common sense, 

• Agree on immigration but the annoying thing is is there other polices are sensible 20k no tax to pay Proportional Rep house of Lords Reform.No I would not vote fro them either but I think the political system needs changing as you think of this.We elect a local MP they are bound to the Party if you have an issue that effects you personally if it conflicts with their parties policy they do not help.Also they are fodder just waking through the lobbies to vote how they are told to there is no scrutiny of legislation apart from dare I say it the Lords

• Agree but these public bodies need reform I find not the front end but the managers administrators have been very unkind to me.I would have an insurance system for health and the poor not to pay but this that can do and you get proper guaranteed appointments etc.Also my view is low taxes as we spend money more wisely than governments .I am afraid that until these public services are run properly money will do nothing 

• Agree but these public bodies need reform I find not the front end but the managers administrators have been very unkind to me.I would have an insurance system for health and the poor not to pay but this that can do and you get proper guaranteed appointments etc.Also my view is low taxes as we spend money more wisely than governments .I am afraid that until these public services are run properly money will do nothing 

Children
No Data