inspirational quotes from famous persons.

HI .

Toady I will do Oscar wilde

Be yourself: everyone else is taken.

Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Selfishness is not living your life as you wish to live it. Selfishness is wanting others to live their lives as you wish them to.

The answers are all out there. We just need to ask the right questions.

Life is too short to be taken seriously.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world, in it's hypocrisy, demands.

Never love anyone who treats you like your ordinary.

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He wont expect it back.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

• Today I will do ...Rumi

Someone with no compassion for anyone else will have no
    mercy on himself.

I have come to realize that the better friends I become with
    someone, the more impudent I get with him. Politeness is ap-
    propriate for strangers, but with a friend there’s no holding
    back, no need for any restraint.

It is because human beings have it in them to receive grace
    and taste the wine of eternity, because they can recognize
    hypocrisy and cleanse themselves of that and the other im-
    pulses that are destructive to love, that eventually they weary
    of form, these created appearances, and long for the source
    itself.

No matter how fast you run, your shadow more than keeps up,
    sometimes it’s in front!
    Only full overhead sun diminishes tour shadow.

Honor your friend.
    Or treat him rudely,
    and see what happens!

Lovers. have noting to do with existence.
    They collect the interest without the capital.

Mother to child:
    “When you’re walking through the graveyard at night
    and you see a boogeyman, run at it,
    and it will go away.”
    Child to mother:
    “But what if the boogeyman’s
    mother has told him to do the same thing?
    Boogeymen have mothers too.”

• Today I will do -

Temple Grandin

“If I could snap my fingers and be non-autistic, I would not. Autism is part of what I am.”

“You simply cannot tell other people they are stupid, even if they really are stupid.”

“The worst thing you can do is nothing. (re: teaching children with autism)”

“[T]he only place on earth where immortality is provided is in libraries. This is the collective memory of humanity.”

“My mind can always separate the two. Even when I am very upset, I keep reviewing the facts over and over until I can come to a logical conclusion.”

“DIFFERENT NOT LESS”

“Sometimes you have to go outside your field of study to find the right people.”

“In dealing with autism, I'm certainly not saying we should lose sight of the need to work on deficits, But the focus on deficits is so intense and so automatic that people lose sight of the strengths.”

“Label-locked thinking can affect treatment. For instance, I heard a doctor say about a kid with gastrointestinal issues, “Oh, he has autism. That’s the problem”—and then he didn’t treat the GI problem.”

“My thinking pattern always starts with specifics and works toward generalization in an associational and non-sequential way.”

When something is "all in your mind," people tend to think that it's willful, that it's something you could control if only you tried harder or if you had been trained differently. I'm hoping that the newfound certainty that autism is in your brain and in your genes will affect public attitudes.”

“Neuro-anatomy isn't destiny. Neither is genetics. They don't define who you will be. But they do define who you might be. They define who you can be.”

“The diagnosis of autism can sometimes help you better predict a child’s behaviors, but it tells you nothing about their specific way of thinking, their idiosyncrasies, their strengths, or their individual personality.”

“Every person with autism is unique, with a different profile of strengths and challenges.”

• Me too. They are, on  the whole either humorous and' or inspiring.

• who's it from, please?

• who's it from, please?

• Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.

It's also what it takes to sit down and listen.

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life.

Churchill. 

• 'There is no such thing as normal.' -- Ian Dury

• "What is it about death that bothers me so much?... Probably the hours" - Woody Allen

• “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible”

- Frank Zappa

• "It's OK to be a glowstick, sometimes you have to break before you shine" - my fav quote

• Good post, I like quotes!
    “Life is short, laugh while you still have teeth”

“I was gonna take over the world this morning. Overslept. Postponed”