What do you like to do when you feel down?

Hey guys! I just wanted to make this thread to give everyone an opportunity to share what they like to do when they're feeling down.

Maybe some of you can use this as inspiration next time you feel upset! Grinning 

I like to draw when I'm feeling down! Seeing my drawings come to life and then in colour helps brighten me up.

• Watch it and let me know what you think. It’s from the mid 80’s but it’s an amazing film 

• Listening to music is the most reliable thing I have to improve my mood.

• Well I love weird things, and I love science, so might give it a watch! 

• My go to film to watch and brighten my day is Weird Science. I have seen this movie well over 100 times and every time I watch it it feels like the first time. 

• Thanks to you Billy I like to meditate 

Im getting on great with this and it just takes the edge off things for me. I’m only a few days in but I am hoping I get better at it and hopefully feel calmer and more relaxed.

• Listening to music 

Go outside 

• I watch videos I've seen a million times; it can be YouTube videos, episodes of a series, a film or just part of it. These videos include my most favorite and loved characters or favorite and wholesome relationships between characters. Characters and character writing are the most important things to me in stories.

• It's a loooong game, so you can just dip in and out......you can just chill and level up and then go back to fight the hard bosses. The first game is brilliant as well

• I like to do baking when I'm feeling down. I can lose myself in baking. It's a lot of fun, the baking process, taking ingredients and then turning them into something special like buns, bread, cakes... And then I get to see people enjoy what I've made.

• FF is a great game series! I'm a big fan of them all and have spent probably more time than I should have playing them.

• I love good jigsaw puzzle! I like doing the seaside ones, that takes me back to the memories of the ones I used to do with my granny when I was little.

I haven't played the new Zelda game yet. It looks good though!

• Jigsaw puzzles is something ive taken up recently......that helps alot. Been working my way through the new zelda game. Thats great

• ah currently im playing the new final fantasy 7 rebirth/remake part 2. which again is another nostalgia trip as ff7 original was one of my best games as a kid lol

• Nice one man! A 12 mile walk must be an amazing experience for you, filled with good memories of a younger you with your parents. It sounds like a nice area to walk in as well, lots of scenery to see. 

Does the smell of the chippy bring back memories? Sometimes smells will bring back memories for me and I've heard this can be an autistic trait.

PlayStation sounds epic! What games do you like to play?

Games are a fun pastime and a good pick me up for me too. I like to play on PlayStation, normally GTA, Lego games or Assassin's Creed.

Kickboxing sounds epic. I used to work out every day, do jogging as well, I was a lot fitter and healthier now.

• but the knowledge it will pass gets me through.

That's a really positive outlook. Good on you man Thumbsup tone1 it's not always easy to remember you have that knowledge but this is a useful thing for you keep going legend!

Slight smile

• i go for a long 12 or so mile walk that takes me through the back farm fields i used to come to town from where i lived with parents, and enjoy a walk through farms and woods, then stop in to the village where i lived with parents and go to the chippy as its best chippy i know from anywhere. then i walk through the reservoir lakes and around there and back to my flat down the canal path.

ofcourse if i havent got a day free i just play on my playstation if theres anything decent i feel like playing.

oh, and also kickboxing helps me a load to dump stress. the people there are cool and jokey and the training sweats out the stress.

• Usually wait for it to pass. I find my sometimes low mood eases after a while, but it takes time. Music helps, as does solitude, but the knowledge it will pass gets me through.

• Aw I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hope the music lifts you up to the heavens away from all the sadness below.

Stay safe and enjoy your music time.

Thanks. Grinning

• Hi. Doing it right now - listening to the tunes. At the moment is upbeat pop tunes.

I also pull out that old CBT book and fill in the Becks and PHQ-9 forms - to make sure I am safe.

Love this thread. Thank you for posting.