Birdwatching in the garden

Sharing this on here because I know there are other birdwatchers around, just had a great spotted woodpecker on my bird feeders in my back garden! Had my binoculars next to me so got a good look Heart eyes

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing that. It always feels special to have a woodpecker. 

I enjoyed a visit from a goldfinch yesterday. I checked what it was because it was singing a lovely song on from our neighbours aerial.

We have a lot of red kites around here and recently they are flying even lower than usual. One landed on a tall tree near our house once.

We have great *** and blue *** and occasionally coal *** and long tailed ***. I find it amusing sometimes when I am in the garden and it sounds like they are telling me to go in as they want to come in and feed. 

We keep a wild bit at the end of our garden which the birds love.

I see from your later message you have seen some birds I haven't seen. I always find it exciting to see something different.

• The bot obviously thought those birds were rude, hope I don't get deleted.

Reply Children
  • If you do so will I!

I'd forgotten the long-tailed ones, we get those as well.

I've got a slightly wilder flower bed at the top of the garden next to the Scots pine tree that I've planted some teasels in hoping that will attract more goldfinches.

As I'm sat in the garden now I can hear the buzzards again, they must be really enjoying the thermals at the moment.