Birdwatching in the garden

Sharing this on here because I know there are other birdwatchers around, just had a great spotted woodpecker on my bird feeders in my back garden! Had my binoculars next to me so got a good look Heart eyes

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing that. It always feels special to have a woodpecker. 

I enjoyed a visit from a goldfinch yesterday. I checked what it was because it was singing a lovely song on from our neighbours aerial.

We have a lot of red kites around here and recently they are flying even lower than usual. One landed on a tall tree near our house once.

We have great *** and blue *** and occasionally coal *** and long tailed ***. I find it amusing sometimes when I am in the garden and it sounds like they are telling me to go in as they want to come in and feed. 

We keep a wild bit at the end of our garden which the birds love.

I see from your later message you have seen some birds I haven't seen. I always find it exciting to see something different.

• Thank you for sharing that. It always feels special to have a woodpecker. 

I enjoyed a visit from a goldfinch yesterday. I checked what it was because it was singing a lovely song on from our neighbours aerial.

We have a lot of red kites around here and recently they are flying even lower than usual. One landed on a tall tree near our house once.

We have great *** and blue *** and occasionally coal *** and long tailed ***. I find it amusing sometimes when I am in the garden and it sounds like they are telling me to go in as they want to come in and feed. 

We keep a wild bit at the end of our garden which the birds love.

I see from your later message you have seen some birds I haven't seen. I always find it exciting to see something different.

Children