Does anybody have a food they can't stand?

I've never been able to tolerate eggs, partiularly egg white. And even the thought of fried eggs makes me feel sick!!!

As a child I felt pretty queasy about hot milk and cheese too, though I enjoy cheese now. My other used to fry a lot of things in lard, and I couldn't stand that either, and as mine were born in the 30's there wasn't much patience for any of this kind of finickiness.

Sometimes there are supermarkets that fry food here too. When that it is full swing, it can be very hard not to retch. 

Parents
  • Leeks (except very subtly infused into a soup), beetroot, mashed potato- especially with hard lumps in 

• Mashed potato is never made properly in the UK, lumps in it are yuck. I cheat and get potato puree, it's probably got all kinds of additives in it though

• That reminds me of school dinners in Infant school. They were brought in from nearby secondary school and mashed potato had cold lumps in. Fortunately I went home for lunch and only stayed on rare occasions as I hated the playtime during lunchbreaks too.

• I had a horrific day at school dinners once. Lumpy mashed potatoes, tough meat, runner beans (also tough), then hairy peaches! When I took it all back, the dinner lady called me a naughty girl, and I ran out and away, never went back for years for school dinners. Then I was persuaded to try again, and this time the pudding included  something called chocolaze, which was delicious. I was instructed thereafter I could be allowed to turn down one item when being served without being called naughty, which gave me some sense of agency. 

• I had a horrific day at school dinners once. Lumpy mashed potatoes, tough meat, runner beans (also tough), then hairy peaches! When I took it all back, the dinner lady called me a naughty girl, and I ran out and away, never went back for years for school dinners. Then I was persuaded to try again, and this time the pudding included  something called chocolaze, which was delicious. I was instructed thereafter I could be allowed to turn down one item when being served without being called naughty, which gave me some sense of agency. 

Children
No Data