Does anybody have a food they can't stand?

I've never been able to tolerate eggs, partiularly egg white. And even the thought of fried eggs makes me feel sick!!!

As a child I felt pretty queasy about hot milk and cheese too, though I enjoy cheese now. My other used to fry a lot of things in lard, and I couldn't stand that either, and as mine were born in the 30's there wasn't much patience for any of this kind of finickiness.

Sometimes there are supermarkets that fry food here too. When that it is full swing, it can be very hard not to retch. 

Parents
  • All beans especially baked beans, cottage cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, fatty meat, beetroot, all seafood, carrots, broccoli, mushy peas, trifle, all offal and yogurt. Putting cucumber in a sandwich is the same as putting slugs in a sandwich!Nauseated face

• I love the way we don't hold back! I loathe vinegar and when in infant school a girl put vinegar on my dinner without even asking me first I declared that was as bad as if she had weed on it! I refused to eat that dinner of course and they wouldn't let me replace it with an unpolluted one so I of course sat there through the whole dinner hour, arms crossed, refusing to eat that not food and I think they ended up calling my parents. 

• I wouldn’t have eaten it either, each table in the school dining room had a teacher who presided over it. We had a special treat one day of a huge pineapple ring to go with the greasy spam fritter, the fritter I managed, I wasn’t allowed to leave the table until I had eaten the pineapple ring, water wasn’t allowed with it either. I was actually retching  while eating it and this was the caring teaching profession! Never eaten pineapple since.

• I wouldn’t have eaten it either, each table in the school dining room had a teacher who presided over it. We had a special treat one day of a huge pineapple ring to go with the greasy spam fritter, the fritter I managed, I wasn’t allowed to leave the table until I had eaten the pineapple ring, water wasn’t allowed with it either. I was actually retching  while eating it and this was the caring teaching profession! Never eaten pineapple since.

Children
  • I hope you farted on it!

• I got the teacher back, the next day I put the plate she was going to have her dinner on down the back of my trousers before she came in. 

• It still goes on. At one place I had the misfortune to encounter, I saw small kids being forced to remain at table, being punished for not eating their vistisls. I'm surprised they didn't try to force them to eat what they had refused the day before.

It was a truly lousy place. The rice in the pantry was full of weevils, the institutional food they ordered looked at times like something produced from a certain other orifice (sorry)! 

• Wow, that's terrible! But you must have been better behaved than me... I would not have eaten it at all. Maybe a bite but if it made me retch then that would be it. The only way they'd have got me to eat it would have been force feeding! With screams.