Share your hyperfixations with me :)

I thought it might be nice to share our hobbies and interests with each other- we may find something new to try out. Here is my list:

• Learning foreign languages- I use Duolingo for this and am currently learning 3 different languages.
  • Infodiving on wikipedia. Also, have you heard of the Wiki game where you count how many clicks on embedded links in articles it takes to get from topic A to topic B?
  • Arts and crafts- this has always had a HUGE impact on my emotional and mental wellbeing ever since I was a kid. It doesn't matter what your technical ability is. Currently I am into drawing realistically but I have also enjoyed cross-stitching and animation in the past.
  • Video games- I have a huge backlog in my Steam and Switch library- admittedly I haven't even seen the launch screen on the majority of them but I am comforted by the fact that I will always have something new to play when the 'spark' strikes. My current favourites are Dead by Daylight, Fall Guys and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and have been for months).
  • I have a special interest in all things science-y! It was one of my favourite subjects in school. I pick up New Scientist and Science Focus magazines to keep abreast of the latest information in the scientific community. I am aiming to achieve a Bachelors of Engineering in Aeronautics and Astronautics in the future and have plans to refresh my maths skills.
  • Social media- a bit of a double edged sword. I am aware there are some intolerant and/or ignorant people out there and that social media isn't everybody's cup of tea. Personally, I am not afraid to use the 'Block' button if I find someone's posts trigger me in a negative way. On a more positive note, I have found some very supportive mental health support Facebook groups and even an adult scouting group on the site where you can earn and buy fabric merit badges!
  • Building models with Lego- I have so many sets still to build and no room in the house to store them lmao.
  • Puzzles and brainteasers- these include those in the paper and physical format. I got a set of 5 rubix-style cubes for Christmas last year. I am still trying to solve the 2x2 without instructions (no spoilers please!).
  • Adult colouring- I have amassed quite the collection of adult colouring books: even an Iron Maiden album art colouring book duo.
  • Lastly, (I saved the best until last) is listening to music. I am a huge rock and metal fan but I'm trying to branch out and find other genres of music I may have missed out on. Any suggestions would be great- I enjoy up-beat tempos with lots of instrumental layers.
  • Well, right now I'm hyperfixating on possibly crochet, possibly this site, possibly Harry Potter (movies), possibly the song Happy Together, definitely Harry Potter (books), definitely taking my pens apart during class, figuring out how they work, and and rebuilding them. Here's what I've figured out about my side-click ballpoint Bic: 

Function(s): Spring+ink, clicker

Purpose(s): To act as a writing utensil, to act as a fidget

How it works: When clicker is pushed down, it locks and pushes ink tube down with it. Spring stops ink tube from going farther out at any time, even without clicker pushed down. 

I'm not done typing it yet! (:

• me too I love to sing also

• I like Whales as well. Here's a really fun whale fact which you may or may not know: despite being the largest animal ever, the blue whale can't swallow anything bigger then a grapefruit.

Fascinating animals whales! Relaxed

• These are my hyperfixations, Relaxed

> David Bowie.

> Listening to music.

> History.

> Singing.

> Science.

> Health and diseases and death. 

> Disney.

• -I am obsessed with history (podcasts, books, Wikipedia etc) 

-Whales 

-Bird watching 

-Languages (I speak 5 and am learning a sixth) 

-Classification systems and categories (e.g. taxonomy) 

• luna would like lisend to music with me

• me too and you nothing will ever stop us from doing anything that you loved

• me too and I love taylor swift also and my favorate song of hers is love story

• i love to collect Breyer horses  and my favorite team is the Kansas city chiefs  also my Favorate player is Patrick Mahomes and i love to play bingo and travel places too and i have 3 cats angel tornado and Jara my dog named shamrock and all of my Breyer horses are named after football players also my favorite singer is Miley Cyrus and Taylor swift and love go to concerts and i been New York city on 4th of July in 2017 and Kentucky derby in 2019 also breeders cup in2023 and like to roller skating swimming and running and Lisneting to music and watch football games and the fireworks and my Favorite Buliding is one World trade center and the Grand canyon andi never been to a chiefs game and I wish i can go someday or even its chiefs training camp  also i love camping hiking  gambling and always to see the northern lights and my Favorite holidays are 4th of July Halloween Christmas and also love stargazing and my Favorite meal Chinese food Also green chili  and love to dance too and love spend time with my goats and I want to go to Montana and been to baseball games too and I love to shop and Iove to drink coffee every morning and dress nice and I love Youtube and i love to go to Niagara falls too and  go to  Utah also i want  go to the super bowl someday

• I find myself getting hyper fixated with...

• Music.
    • Pottery.
    • Reading and books.
    • The Sims.
    • Lego.
    • Films.
    • Titanic.
    • Taylor Swift.
  • I'm fascinated by the idea of aliens as well. So interesting. I have a lot of books about aliens.

• Mine are crazy Stuck out tongue winking eye 

Alien aliens

graphics designing 

sewing clothes for Barbie dolls

building houses from Lego blocks or making little dollhouses in a paper box 

Reading books

listening to music and pacing my room (I’m not sure if it’s a stim but it relaxes me a lot. 
    i also love nature, walking and listening to the birds. 

• Is there anybody here with interest in Japan?

I particularly like:

• japanese music (catchy or philosophical)
    • writing Kanji
    • learning new words
    • cooking japanese food
    • watching good anime
    • watching documentary
    • most of all learn the lyrics to japanese songs so i can sing them in my head when enjoying stuff
  • I like trains, manga, Animal Crossing and beaches.

• TVAM Showed the Sixties Batman episodes, around 1987-88. And Popeye; beforehand.

• Indeed. to be able to see through solid objects at whim, is something mindblowing 

• It's fine, mate, honestly. It's just good to get an update about those we care about. Slight smile

• Lots of like-minded people to me on here. This is my first forum post in years and I'm glad I posted. Please keep them coming I am reading each one but have limited time to reply to them. :)

• I sent you a sort of placeholder message there, but it's a bit of a poor quality trade for your last one! Only due to being in the office for the next while. I'll write something a bit more substantial later - aren't you lucky?!

• To hell with my literary/literry failings! Smiley I want to know about *you*. But I do understand that you've been very busy and pre-occupied in all sorts of ways, so please don't feel pressured into using up any relaxing free time you might have. Slight smile 

Whenever you're ready, mate. Disappointed