Share your hyperfixations with me :)

I thought it might be nice to share our hobbies and interests with each other- we may find something new to try out. Here is my list:

• Learning foreign languages- I use Duolingo for this and am currently learning 3 different languages.
  • Infodiving on wikipedia. Also, have you heard of the Wiki game where you count how many clicks on embedded links in articles it takes to get from topic A to topic B?
  • Arts and crafts- this has always had a HUGE impact on my emotional and mental wellbeing ever since I was a kid. It doesn't matter what your technical ability is. Currently I am into drawing realistically but I have also enjoyed cross-stitching and animation in the past.
  • Video games- I have a huge backlog in my Steam and Switch library- admittedly I haven't even seen the launch screen on the majority of them but I am comforted by the fact that I will always have something new to play when the 'spark' strikes. My current favourites are Dead by Daylight, Fall Guys and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and have been for months).
  • I have a special interest in all things science-y! It was one of my favourite subjects in school. I pick up New Scientist and Science Focus magazines to keep abreast of the latest information in the scientific community. I am aiming to achieve a Bachelors of Engineering in Aeronautics and Astronautics in the future and have plans to refresh my maths skills.
  • Social media- a bit of a double edged sword. I am aware there are some intolerant and/or ignorant people out there and that social media isn't everybody's cup of tea. Personally, I am not afraid to use the 'Block' button if I find someone's posts trigger me in a negative way. On a more positive note, I have found some very supportive mental health support Facebook groups and even an adult scouting group on the site where you can earn and buy fabric merit badges!
  • Building models with Lego- I have so many sets still to build and no room in the house to store them lmao.
  • Puzzles and brainteasers- these include those in the paper and physical format. I got a set of 5 rubix-style cubes for Christmas last year. I am still trying to solve the 2x2 without instructions (no spoilers please!).
  • Adult colouring- I have amassed quite the collection of adult colouring books: even an Iron Maiden album art colouring book duo.
  • Lastly, (I saved the best until last) is listening to music. I am a huge rock and metal fan but I'm trying to branch out and find other genres of music I may have missed out on. Any suggestions would be great- I enjoy up-beat tempos with lots of instrumental layers.
Parents
  • -I am obsessed with history (podcasts, books, Wikipedia etc) 

-Whales 

-Bird watching 

-Languages (I speak 5 and am learning a sixth) 

-Classification systems and categories (e.g. taxonomy) 

• -I am obsessed with history (podcasts, books, Wikipedia etc) 

-Whales 

-Bird watching 

-Languages (I speak 5 and am learning a sixth) 

-Classification systems and categories (e.g. taxonomy) 

Children
  • I like Whales as well. Here's a really fun whale fact which you may or may not know: despite being the largest animal ever, the blue whale can't swallow anything bigger then a grapefruit.

Fascinating animals whales! Relaxed