New Years Eve

What are you doing tonight? Do you stay up until midnight?

I used to stay up until the early hours after midnight but haven't for a few years. I'll probably watch some films and go to bed, probably about 10 maybe a little after.

Downside to tonight is that people do fireworks and they last all night. I'm not sure about everyone else but fireworks are way too noisy for my liking, there should be a law against it after 9pm lol.

I'm looking forward to 2023 - I'm hoping it will be a good year and some positive things will happen, hopefully for all of us :) 

Parents
  • Hello *waves* Slight smile

I'll probably spend much of my evening worrying that pets might be frightened by fireworks, the poor things.

What a thrilling life I lead! :D

• Hey, :) *waves back*

Awh. I hope they'll be ok x

I had a dog called Biscuit and always got worried about fireworks. And thunder, really distressing for some animals.

• The truth is, I'm more nervous about fireworks and windy weather than any pets! :D Oh well. Have a lovely day, Luna. Slight smile

• Hi, Sparkly, and thank you so much. Slight smile

• As others have said, you've no cause to worry that your participation in the forums makes you annoying. From my perspective, I consider it a good thing when members are active in the forums and willing to contribute to discussions.

I was similar to you during the first few weeks of being a new member, and considerably more active than I am now... The relief of finding a place where I could ditch the mask and be myself. Relaxed

• Thank you very much, Billy. And you too, Triker. Slight smile Really kind of you both. x

• I dont think your annoying at all. When I was a newbie I posted all the time , it was just from the relief and excitement of finally finding somewhere I belonged with people like me. Your not bothering people, your really nice to talk to on here and you come up with some interesting ideas 

• I don't think you're annoying. I know what you mean though, I can feel that way sometimes.

• I think  NYE is the worse day of the year,  it comes just ahead of Chrisrmas Day. I'm frad tired all the time and can't make myself do anything. I've been asleep on the couch and just woken up 'cos i needed to go for a wee. Will laydown again now, trying to decide whether to have something to eat or just go to bed, i don't feel hungary

NYE only makes me realise how lonely life can be.

Hope everybody else enjoys rhemselves. x.

• I'm never really sure when to start or stop conversations, so I'll leave you in peace after this reply:

I am very sorry that you have those fears; you deserve a very happy life.

And I'm also sorry if I'm an annoying presence on the forum, what with starting so many threads & replying to everything in sight. It's just that finding such a helpful and friendly place has been incredible for me. And, being oblivious of the subject of autism for so many years, I always have loads of questions to ask (as well as half-baked ideas and ignorant opinions to inflict on everyone). So I am really sorry for getting carried away, and for bothering people as if I was not a newbie but someone who'd already proved their worth.

• I'm not sure where fears come from. Some are from personal experience, after vomiting lots a few years ago I got Emetophobia but my fear of the dark and many others came from nowhere.

Maybe they could from reading or films?

aww thanks! Hope you have the best year ever!!! ^^

• I used to think that I'd read too many ghost stories ('It was a dark and stormy night' etc etc) but, no, these things are probably related to childhood fears. Which is odd, because I had a very happy childhood...

Anyway, I hope you have the very happiest of years. Slight smile

• Bless you. Ditto with wind, I don't like the dark either absolutely terrified. 

When it gets windy and too loud I put my music on loud and drown it out :) 

Have a beautiful day!

Reply Children
  • Hi, Sparkly, and thank you so much. Slight smile

• As others have said, you've no cause to worry that your participation in the forums makes you annoying. From my perspective, I consider it a good thing when members are active in the forums and willing to contribute to discussions.

I was similar to you during the first few weeks of being a new member, and considerably more active than I am now... The relief of finding a place where I could ditch the mask and be myself. Relaxed

• Thank you very much, Billy. And you too, Triker. Slight smile Really kind of you both. x

• I dont think your annoying at all. When I was a newbie I posted all the time , it was just from the relief and excitement of finally finding somewhere I belonged with people like me. Your not bothering people, your really nice to talk to on here and you come up with some interesting ideas 

• I don't think you're annoying. I know what you mean though, I can feel that way sometimes.

• I think  NYE is the worse day of the year,  it comes just ahead of Chrisrmas Day. I'm frad tired all the time and can't make myself do anything. I've been asleep on the couch and just woken up 'cos i needed to go for a wee. Will laydown again now, trying to decide whether to have something to eat or just go to bed, i don't feel hungary

NYE only makes me realise how lonely life can be.

Hope everybody else enjoys rhemselves. x.

• I'm never really sure when to start or stop conversations, so I'll leave you in peace after this reply:

I am very sorry that you have those fears; you deserve a very happy life.

And I'm also sorry if I'm an annoying presence on the forum, what with starting so many threads & replying to everything in sight. It's just that finding such a helpful and friendly place has been incredible for me. And, being oblivious of the subject of autism for so many years, I always have loads of questions to ask (as well as half-baked ideas and ignorant opinions to inflict on everyone). So I am really sorry for getting carried away, and for bothering people as if I was not a newbie but someone who'd already proved their worth.

• I'm not sure where fears come from. Some are from personal experience, after vomiting lots a few years ago I got Emetophobia but my fear of the dark and many others came from nowhere.

Maybe they could from reading or films?

aww thanks! Hope you have the best year ever!!! ^^

• I used to think that I'd read too many ghost stories ('It was a dark and stormy night' etc etc) but, no, these things are probably related to childhood fears. Which is odd, because I had a very happy childhood...

Anyway, I hope you have the very happiest of years. Slight smile