What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

Parents
  • I love my home because it is my safe place, as soon as I see the sign for my village when we are driving home I start to feel warm inside cos I know I am nearly safe

I love that all my books and magazines are here. I love that it is cosy and safe. I love having my TV so I can watch all the sitcoms that  I watch over and over to keep me comforted

I love my bed. At the end of the day I know I can get under the warm blankets, cuddle up while my wife sleeps and watch one of my favourite sitcoms or read a book till I fall asleep

I love the birdfeeder on the balcony where I can watch all the birds eat their food

Most of all I love having my wife here, she looks after me and keeps me safe in a way I never imagined another human being would be able to and my little boy who is just the lovliest thing that has happened to me

• I can really relate to this Billy - I’m so glad that you have both the home you love and your family. Like you I feel so incredibly fortunate to have found someone I can feel like that with. When I was younger I worried I would never be able to connect to another human being in that way. I never take it for granted. Same with my children - I feel so blessed to have been able to have children. I count my blessings - life is often difficult for us in lots of ways but I always feel incredibly grateful to have my family - they are the greatest blessing in my life. And to have a home - I am so grateful to have that - lots of people have nowhere safe to rest. 
    If I was running the country I’d make sure everyone had a decent, secure, warm home. Everyone should have that. 

• Im glad you have that too Kate. It is so hard to find, I never dreamt I would be able to be myself with someone. 
    Its hard to remember to count our blessings sometimes but it always helps our mental health when we do

Reply Children
No Data