What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

Parents
  • I love my home because it is my safe place, as soon as I see the sign for my village when we are driving home I start to feel warm inside cos I know I am nearly safe

I love that all my books and magazines are here. I love that it is cosy and safe. I love having my TV so I can watch all the sitcoms that  I watch over and over to keep me comforted

I love my bed. At the end of the day I know I can get under the warm blankets, cuddle up while my wife sleeps and watch one of my favourite sitcoms or read a book till I fall asleep

I love the birdfeeder on the balcony where I can watch all the birds eat their food

Most of all I love having my wife here, she looks after me and keeps me safe in a way I never imagined another human being would be able to and my little boy who is just the lovliest thing that has happened to me

• I can really relate to this Billy - I’m so glad that you have both the home you love and your family. Like you I feel so incredibly fortunate to have found someone I can feel like that with. When I was younger I worried I would never be able to connect to another human being in that way. I never take it for granted. Same with my children - I feel so blessed to have been able to have children. I count my blessings - life is often difficult for us in lots of ways but I always feel incredibly grateful to have my family - they are the greatest blessing in my life. And to have a home - I am so grateful to have that - lots of people have nowhere safe to rest. 
    If I was running the country I’d make sure everyone had a decent, secure, warm home. Everyone should have that. 

• I can really relate to this Billy - I’m so glad that you have both the home you love and your family. Like you I feel so incredibly fortunate to have found someone I can feel like that with. When I was younger I worried I would never be able to connect to another human being in that way. I never take it for granted. Same with my children - I feel so blessed to have been able to have children. I count my blessings - life is often difficult for us in lots of ways but I always feel incredibly grateful to have my family - they are the greatest blessing in my life. And to have a home - I am so grateful to have that - lots of people have nowhere safe to rest. 
    If I was running the country I’d make sure everyone had a decent, secure, warm home. Everyone should have that. 

Children