What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

Parents
  • My home is safe and it’s tucked away on a peaceful road. It’s very small with a tiny kitchen but I love it. It has a little garden at the back and I’m near to a cricket ground which is lovely to hear when the games are on. I have a low fence at the back but the neighbours are nice and I can have a little chat. I too hope I can always live here. It’s a little sanctuary and I don’t want to ever leave it.

• Love the idea of hearing the genteel sounds of cricket at a distance. The ripple of applause, willow on leather… 

• Distant sounds can be so soothing. I love the sound of a Curlew’s call. Any bird song is just wonderful. And the crackling sound of a real fire - I love that. 

• I always think it’s amazing that old houses even had fireplaces in the bedrooms

My last house had fireplaces in the bedrooms - a Victorian house.

I miss it actually.  I have a lovely home now but that one was so full of character.

I think the Victorians built the most characterful houses.

• We sometimes have a fire in the garden which is really lovely  - but it’s my dream to one day have a house with an open fire, and to have those big old fashioned comfy arm chairs by the fire so that we can sit and read by the fire in the evenings. I always think it’s amazing that old houses even had fireplaces in the bedrooms - imagine how nice that would be - to drift off to sleep to the sound of the fire quietly crackling and the flicker of the flames. So peaceful. 

• We sometimes have a fire in the garden which is really lovely  - but it’s my dream to one day have a house with an open fire, and to have those big old fashioned comfy arm chairs by the fire so that we can sit and read by the fire in the evenings. I always think it’s amazing that old houses even had fireplaces in the bedrooms - imagine how nice that would be - to drift off to sleep to the sound of the fire quietly crackling and the flicker of the flames. So peaceful. 

Children