Why do so many fitness people eat so much sweet foods?

I‘m talking about fitness influencers to just people who are into fitness and post what they eat.

Idk if it’s just my perception since I personally don’t eat a lot of sweet foods (candy, desserts, cakes, sweet granola bars etc.) But so many of them eat that everyday like a chocolate or nougat proteinshake, protein chocolate bars in between, protein snickers cake, or porridge with chocolate sweetened protein powder honey etc.

I know that you should eat carbohydrates that are available quickly to your body before you have a workout, but to me the consumption of sweet food from other people seems so high

• I'm struggling with savoury stuff. Salt and fat appeal to me more than sugar; apart from Red Bull.

I began a new food regimen on Tuesday, and Wednesday's day trip threw me off course. But I'm back on the horse. 

• Most people are addicted to food and eat primarily for pleasure rather than hunger. People who get into fitness use it as an excuse to consume more sugary stuff because they tell themselves they burned calories (even though it's impossible to exercise your way out of a bad diet). Or they convince themselves that they absolutely need it to build muscle and it's called a "dirty bulk" - but the problem is the cut never comes.

• Hello,

being a cyclist, I do eat a lot of porridge due to its slow sugar release as well as sugary foods. In order to ride faster, you need sugar for power. I could ride for a fortnight on my fat reserves but very slowly. Loughborough university did a study some years ago and confirmed that sports people crave sugar due to this energy requirement. I do brush my teeth a lot as cyclists do suffer with dental issues eating all this sweet food.