Sleep

Hi. How much do you sleep? I'm not sure if it's a part of the spectrum but my sleeping is poor. I only manage a few hours a night.

At bed despite feeling tired and drained I can't get off to sleep. And when I do I wake up constantly all through the night.

By the morning I'm as tired as I was when I went to bed.

Parents
  • My sleep pattern is so random. Some nights I'll get several hours and other nights I'm lucky if I get at least two hours. It's probably to do with anxiety as I get that a lot.

• This I can definitely relate to. I often put my sleepless nights down to anxiety. A worry will creep in and then I’m off. Sometimes if there isn’t something obvious to worry about, I’ll worry about that. But other times, my body just goes by into the physical responses to anxiety and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

• This I can definitely relate to. I often put my sleepless nights down to anxiety. A worry will creep in and then I’m off. Sometimes if there isn’t something obvious to worry about, I’ll worry about that. But other times, my body just goes by into the physical responses to anxiety and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

Children
  • Ah I’m sorry to hear this. I hope you sleep better tonight.

I do this too often myself. The night before last I was obsessively thinking about solutions to a problem in a project I’d encountered, I just couldn’t rest. When I’d thought of a solution, I’d recap it over and over again as a sort of rehearsal. Very frustrating, but I was stuck in a loop.

Good luck with tonight though.

• I can relate to that. Had terrible problem last night. Kept thinking of more and more things that needed doing and even working out some that didn't. So tired now hoping I might be exhausted when I go to bed.