Sleep

Hi. How much do you sleep? I'm not sure if it's a part of the spectrum but my sleeping is poor. I only manage a few hours a night.

At bed despite feeling tired and drained I can't get off to sleep. And when I do I wake up constantly all through the night.

By the morning I'm as tired as I was when I went to bed.

• I find it difficult to get to sleep. I have a lot of anxiety with sleeping but I don't know why. In the morning I'm still exhausted.

• Either famine or feast; for me. Usually feast. Most nights I sleep so long it isn't natural.

• I find it difficult to sleep most of the time, if I do early shift I get up at 3am but most of the time I get up at 6am because I have trouble relaxing. 

• Depends. My meds may result in marathon sleeps, or else sleepless nights.

• I sleep for 2-4 hours. When I can't sleep I listen to music and read.

• Hi, at the moment I sleep for about. 3 hrs, I then use audiobooks in the night for about 2 hours then sleep for another 2 hours. I can go some nights with no sleep. A lot of my sleep pattern is governed by my anxiety level.

• My sleep has been disturbed for years.  6 hours is good by my standards.  4 hours is not unusual.

I often manage to sleep during the day.  Today, when I got back from hospital I slept from 4:30pm to 6pm.

• Ah I’m sorry to hear this. I hope you sleep better tonight.

I do this too often myself. The night before last I was obsessively thinking about solutions to a problem in a project I’d encountered, I just couldn’t rest. When I’d thought of a solution, I’d recap it over and over again as a sort of rehearsal. Very frustrating, but I was stuck in a loop.

Good luck with tonight though.

• I can relate to that. Had terrible problem last night. Kept thinking of more and more things that needed doing and even working out some that didn't. So tired now hoping I might be exhausted when I go to bed.

• This I can definitely relate to. I often put my sleepless nights down to anxiety. A worry will creep in and then I’m off. Sometimes if there isn’t something obvious to worry about, I’ll worry about that. But other times, my body just goes by into the physical responses to anxiety and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

• My sleep pattern is so random. Some nights I'll get several hours and other nights I'm lucky if I get at least two hours. It's probably to do with anxiety as I get that a lot.

• During the hot weather, cant get to sleep. Throughout the day tired. Sometimes listen to a mediation podcast. 

• I have periods of struggling to get to sleep as it can be hard to switch my mind off. Sometimes quiet music helps.

At the moment it is the warm nights that causes the biggest problem, so I have a sheet and have found it helps to have cold feet. Having said that on a warm night I wake up on and off so feel tired most of the time at the moment.

• Probsbly about 6 hours. It can taje awhile to grt of but when I do I'm fine.

• I didn’t know when my sleep pattern changed. Maybe 7 years ago? Since then I go through periods of insomnia.  Currently, I sleep maybe 3 hours, wake for an hour or so, then another 2 hours sleep. For the night I am continually tossing and turning. It’s driving me mad. 
    Previous to this, I was sleeping about 3 hours a night, I’d be happy for 5 hours of unbroken sleep, even though I personally need at least 8 to function normally.

• I have chronic pain and that keeps me up at night. On a good night I'll get 5-6 hours. On a bad night maybe 3 hours. When it comes to sleeping I make sure my room is completely dark and a good cool temperature. 

• On a good night, 6ish hours. I’m going through a bit of a sleepless phase again at the moment though, so I’m lucky to get a couple of hours of broken and restless sleep. I’ve just started exercising again though, so I’m not sure if the change in activity is impacting this. Any change can prompt a response in some way or another, perhaps it’s that.