Sense of self

Does anyone else have difficulty with knowing what they look like, or how they feel?  It sounds weird, but I noticed that I rely on other peoples views on what I look like a lot. I was trying to buy a foundation and an assistant helped me.  In the shop I was convinced it matched like she said.  I tried it on at home and it looks too dark now, but I'm not sure.  I was looking at my face and I just can't tell.  Without peoples opinions on things I feel like there isn't much there. I know some people use that against me to manipulate me sometimes, but it takes a while for me to realise that.  When I was younger I had a different hairstyle every months as people would tell me what would look good.  It took me a while, but then I realised I didn't like being treated like a doll. This is a confused ramble, but does anyone know what I mean? My sense of self is so weak, I feel like I can be convinced of anything by anyone to the point of needing their direction. \part of me knows it shouldn't be like that.

Parents
  • I can’t read people so they need to be explicit about what they think.  I have a better sense of what people think when they give me their opinions of me.  It saves me from being in suspense in their company. 

• I can’t read people so they need to be explicit about what they think.  I have a better sense of what people think when they give me their opinions of me.  It saves me from being in suspense in their company. 

Children
No Data