PIP and ESA medicals

What are your experiences of PIP and ESA medicals(and the tribunals)?

Parents Reply Children
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Dawn

Just give as much info as possible about how it affects you. You will be okay

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Dawn

if you feel freaked out tell them, say it is wrong to treat an autistic like that and is it moral? if we all say that they might stop and think about what they are doing. Just tell them everything you find difficult or painful etc and keep telling them. remember you are entitled to ask for a break or loo break if it gets too much for you. If you can get it over the phone it is a bit better but do record it 

• Last PIP one tried to do a Dementia test on me-i said i don't have Dementia(and i failed it,had to remember 3 things,remebered 2!). I tried to demand a person with neurological experience-it didn't happen.

I took my dad.

Best advice is take someone with u,even if a family member(but coach them not to be asked,as will twist what they say!),dont let them be ur friend,don't do yes or no only as then less likely to tick a box,and record it without them knowing(even if cant be used as proff,u will know what u said,rather than what they say u said!).. And u are watched from time u enter building by them,found this out at first ESA one,when they also watched me leave(to see how i got there,no idea),i pick up things at edge of sight saw him in window.