UFOs

We've not had a silly thread for a while sooooooo.....

Who's had a close encounter?    Anyone seen a real UFO?

Anyone been probed by aliens on the dark side of Uranus?

The closest I came was being called into work at 3am on a cold, misty summer night and in the distance I could see something - and as I approached, there it was, on the ground in a field next to the road - hidden in the mist, lights everywhere and strange noises echoing across the distance.

As I got closer and the mist opened up slightly - I could see a combine harvester and a couple of tractors pulling in the crops.

I was interested with the fact my 'go-to' response was to assume a UFO......

Anyone else?

• yea people say they are very noisy and can be destructive because they are so smart

• No, they haven't spread to where I am yet. I know they are apparently seen relatively local but still a drive away and I don't have a car. 

• There's a flock that like to roost in the big tree in my sister's garden - what a noise!         We tend to have magpies, crows and rooks and Red Kites - we feed them all .    The pigeons and small birds need to be quick!.

• have you seen any parakeets ? my mum has seen one --- apparently they are gradually spreading!

• I have seen many UFB's but no UFO's. UFB's (Unidentified birds) Either because they were too far away or because I'm a crap birder. 

• I keep expecting someone to run on and rip off their fake skins Alien

• No - I was directly above it looking 90 Deg out the side window and straight down - it went from my 11 o'clock straight underneath towards my 5 o'clock.   There were other aircraft around in various directions - mostly up in our 30,000' altitude (it's very busy over New York) - but this was much lower - literally, a smooth, black cylinder - like Star Trek The Motion Picture - no wings or anything flying above the lowest clouds so it was incredibly well defined upon a pure white background from my point of view..

It travelled dead straight - like watching a black cruise missile - the size of a DC-9

• a larger version of the X37? A black space plane with stubby little wings turned in line with the body, you probably wouldn't see the wings then.

• Lizard People.       I watched "V"       I know what's coming!

• Have you seen those who front the Downing Street briefings? Hancock, Whitty, Patel, Van Tam et al? Indisputable evidence that aliens are among us... and that they have not come in peace.

• Flying over New York on a cloudy day - we were at about 35,000' and I was looking out the windows and looking straight down to see if I could glimpse anything of the city in the gaps in the layers of clouds.    I saw a vehicle at  about 20,000' -  above the lowest clouds but I had clear sight of it for about 4 seconds as it flew way below us - about the size of a DC 9, gloss black fuselage, no wings, tail or tailplane.     As I was directly above it, I couldn't see if it had windows - it was doing about 500mph - literally like a flying telephone pole or enormous cruise missile.

I'm a serious plane nerd - and I've no idea what it was - way too big for a missile - no obvious engine - no exhaust flame or vapour trail..

Spooky!

• saw a helium filled silver balloon about week ago it was very high. But with the sun shining on it I could why it could be seen as an UFO. It was moving erratically and very fast  so no it wasn't  a plane so it must be aliens !  run !   Runner Runner Runner Runner Runner

• UFO- unidentified flying object. Aliens is generally the first thing people think of, as you said, it doesn't just cover aliens

• Sitting in a first floor kitchen, near the balcony, chatting with my mother. Suddenly a small object, shiny and silent, hovered at the window, watching us. It vanished suddenly but then returned. We opened the doors to get a better look and it shot off towards the block of flats. It was like a dinner plate sized flying saucer, as far as we could tell, it was small and fast, plus dark outside.

Shouts and giggles from the block of flats, someone had an amazing RC toy. Would love a flying saucer model

• Something which interests me is there are some similarities between alien abduction and high dose psychedelic experiences. I haven't experienced either.

UFO doesn't necessarily mean aliens although that is the first thing which comes to mind when you hear "UFO". My friend told me about a case in America where some aliens visited someone while he was having dinner with his family and everything went in slow motion for him while every thing else carrived on around him and he appeared normal to his family....the full story was on a podcast with some shouty Americans so I couldn't listen to it.